Nexstar
jumpin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anyone get the email from VZ that mentioned about Nexstar contract may not be renewed?

This includes a bunch of channels may go away.  Will VZ issue refunds for this?

----------------------------------------------------

We are working hard to negotiate with them to reach a new agreement. However, Nexstar has proposed charging over 64% more for its programming. Verizon remains committed to making these channels available to our customers, but simply cannot agree to such unreasonable increases.

For a full list of channels affected and updates, visit verizon.com/Nexstar

0 Likes
Re: Nexstar
Gladiator2022
Enthusiast - Level 1

yep got the email and if my channels are removed which are local channels i will be removing every verizon service.seems like every year we go through this and they remove channels without any notificationThey do not fulfill a contract you take out with them but take your money every month.If this happens they will lose my money and im sure many will follow.

Coffee12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the email too and am very disappointed in this.  There are several channels that are included that I watch regularly for local news and other shows.  It seems like Verizon is constantly taking away channels and giving us no compensation for it.  In fact, a few months ago we were hit with a $6 increase on the bill for some sort of unexplained fee.  

privatedye
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, I'm going to be losing my only local CBS-affiliated station which means no more "60 Minutes" (been watching for 40+ years). I think it should be illegal for some corporate conglomerate (in this case, Nexstar) to restrict/deny access to a non-cable TV station. I have a sneaking suspicion they're scheming to put together yet another "all access" subscription streaming channel. Discovery pulled this stunt with the Science Channel last spring, hoping to force viewers to dish out $5/month for their Discovery+ streaming channel. I refuse to spend another dime on what previously was free, I'll pull out the old antenna and if it doesn't pick up the channel then I'll just do without as I did with Science Channel. Of course, Verizon's not totally innocent here, they could give us a discount every time we lose another channel, but of course they won't. In fact, they do nothing in the damage control area which makes me think that these cable companies just don't want to be in the cable TV business and actually want us to "cut the cord."  

LC_JC

Does anyone know what cities that are losing these channels?

0 Likes
jumpin1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you go to the link above it will show you a list of channels affected by city. 

So sad the channels are now off the air. 

Concerned41
Enthusiast - Level 1

So annoyed that verizon & nexstar can’t resolve issues. It’s the Verizon customers who once again are penalized while both parties in this dispute go on with other business without a care. All prices are going up to exorbitant levels so I understand but seriously let’s get this negotiation moving and resolve this situation. 

Antenna9143
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only service worse than Verizon Fios is Cox. Verizon needs to provide refunds to their long ignored subscribers for lost channels that are p/o the current contract (with subscribers). Another breach of contract by Verizon.

0 Likes
Next star removal?
Broadband
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I lost OAN and AWE. Now my ABC affiliate in Albany, NY which is a Must Carry according to the Com Act of 1996. I’m thinking I no longer need you Fios. I can get WTEN from a simple antenna for free. Better rethink your business plan.  

I want my NFL
Marracwac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because of 2 greedy corporations I will not have Nexstar programming is totally unacceptable! All the money I pay for Fios and I can’t watch NFL ? Do something Verizon !