Re: Nexstar
thecargod1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not having Nexstar channels in the Verizon channel line-up is UNACCEPTABLE! Chanel 17 in the Philadelphia area is one of the 7 "basic" broadcast channels and to not have it available is a disgrace, for both Verizon and Nexstar! In todays business environment your companies should try to remember the value of a "happy Customer". I've been a Verizon Fios Customer for over 20 years and expected better from Verizon.

Please do what you need to do to restore these channels IMMEDIATELY!

Replete
Contributor - Level 1

Why do these agreements to carry the major OTA networks expire so quickly? These stations have been around for decades, and aren't going anywhere. It seems like a waste of time and resources to have to go through negotiations so often instead of signing longer deals. 

0 Likes
Yankee_Engineer
Enthusiast - Level 1

You said that RIGHT! it's time to start shopping.

Yankee_Engineer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My feelings exactly get on with negotiations or I'm going to shop around for a new provider.

Raven327

I have lost NBC, Fox and NewsNation.  I spoke to Verizon the other day and they said they would give me a whopping $5 credit.  This has been going on for two weeks, we pay good money for Verizon's service and they should resolve this as soon as possible.

0 Likes
NEXSTAR NEGOTIATIONS
TW104
Enthusiast - Level 3

WHEN IS VERIZON GOING TO UPDATE THE STATUS OF THEIR NEGOTIATIONS...WE'VE WENT 10 DAYS NOW WITHOUT MAJOR LOCAL CHANNELS, MAJOR SPORTS PROGRAMMING......

0 Likes
TW104
Enthusiast - Level 3

VERIZON WEB PAGE DOESN'T LIST ALL CHANNELS IN THE NEXSTAR PACKAGE.

0 Likes
SoDone316
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, I did get the email and text that my bill was do. I've watch Channel 11 WPIX for free before cable was available. I wish I had an antenna. If Verizon can't honor the agreement they better not charge when people cancel.

0 Likes
Re: Nexstar Grrrrr
SoDone316
Enthusiast - Level 2

They said they would but no amount was mentioned. The contract I agreed too has been breached by verizon so them telling me I'll be charged to break my contract is absurd.

0 Likes
gvm__k

Morning... had been checking on negotiation updates when I stumbled across this complaint board. I am no fan of paying high prices but I get the feeling in this instance, it's not Verizon that is trying to do the gouging here, Nexstar has also dropped programming being re-transmitted by Direc-TV recently. Looking at the big picture, I think Nexstar is the company dealing the direction the negotiations go. Also someone mentioned Verizon will refund somewhere near to $5.00/month for loss of service. I did look this up and that price is the approximate amount we consumers pay per month for the Nexstar channels when the subscription is broken down.

0 Likes