No Sound on Fios TV from speakers Samsung TV
Beeryee

Hi,

I currently have speakers connected to my Samsung TV, via a receiver. It plays when I am connected to the HDMI 3 input, which I suppose is the TV, as the Spotify plays music.  But when I switch to the HDMI 1 input, which is to Fios, there’s no sound. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: No Sound on Fios TV from speakers Samsung TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Beeryee wrote:

Hi,

I currently have speakers connected to my Samsung TV, via a receiver. It plays when I am connected to the HDMI 3 input, which I suppose is the TV, as the Spotify plays music.  But when I switch to the HDMI 1 input, which is to Fios, there’s no sound. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Where does the HDMI out of the Fios box go? To input 1 of the receiver? Input 1 of the TV? What settings are you using on the receiver, what brand and model is it? Is it set to allow PCM audio on the Fios box connected input or Dolby digital? A lot more info is needed to help you.

Beeryee

Hi Clem,

Thank you for taking the time to help address my question.  The setup is two HDMI inputs into the Samsung One Connect box where, one is to the Verizon Fios box (HDMI 1) and the other I believe is an HDMI that presumably is for the TV audio (HDMI 3).  The setup I have is an optical cable via a digital to analog audio converter to the amplifier (Fosi Bluetooth 5.0 stereo audio amp) and a mixer (Xenyx mixer 6 channel w/ USB).  The speaker is connected to the amplifier.  When I change the input to HDMI 3, and go to the TV's spotify, the speaker plays sound, but upon moving it to Fios TV (HDMI 1), there is no sound.  I am not sure how I can have the sound apply to HDMI 1.  Thank you.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Beeryee wrote:

Hi Clem,

Thank you for taking the time to help address my question.  The setup is two HDMI inputs into the Samsung One Connect box where, one is to the Verizon Fios box (HDMI 1) and the other I believe is an HDMI that presumably is for the TV audio (HDMI 3).  The setup I have is an optical cable via a digital to analog audio converter to the amplifier (Fosi Bluetooth 5.0 stereo audio amp) and a mixer (Xenyx mixer 6 channel w/ USB).  The speaker is connected to the amplifier.  When I change the input to HDMI 3, and go to the TV's spotify, the speaker plays sound, but upon moving it to Fios TV (HDMI 1), there is no sound.  I am not sure how I can have the sound apply to HDMI 1.  Thank you.

When the TV is on HDMI 1, do you get sound from the TV speakers if you enable them? Do you get a picture on the TV from the Fios box? Is the sound enabled for HDMI 1 in the Samsung TVs audio menu? What is the model of TV? You are basically feeding your audio system with the optical out of the Samsung TV if I understand what you are saying. Some optical outs can't process Dolby Digital signals. Try going to the Fios Box menu, Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Audio>Audio Format and change it to stereo. In the same menu look for Volume Control and set it to Fixed. Also look at Audio Passthrough and set it to disable. If that doesn't work, we might have to go into the service menu of the box and change the output to PCM . Also try going direct from the Fios box optical out into your audio adapter and see if you get sound that way.