NBC negotiation with verizon
ds_8fall4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to compensate on bill while in negotiation. Why should the public that has this service be penalized by not having this channel (NBC) which is a station that I watch.  

Re: No contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate
denisemelch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Poor business practice. In this age when streaming is exploding as evidenced by Disney +, you would think Verizon would do whatever they can to provide excellent service. Hope they get a lot of backlash from this and hits them hard.

Disgruntled51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outrageous.  I just changed from Comcast to Verizon to get the ACCnetwork and now I can't get all the shows I normally watch on NBC - Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, local news, sometimes local sports like Pitt or Steelers on WPXI and lots of old shows on METV.  How about cost of living has gone up for me and no wage increase so I 'll just deduct 20% of my monthly bill to account for cost and to partially mitigate shows I legitimately believed I could watch when I signed up.   A friend is just streaming shows with smart tv and some combination of Netflix  and Hulu.  Maybe it is time to think seriously about that.  Obviously Comcast and Verizon care nothing about their clients.  These guys are raking in the cash and probably pay lower taxes than their subscribers.  Time for change.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is common across all services (even the streaming services will get it at some point).

My local NBC station has a crawl that says they are in a fight with DirecTv over carriage fees.

Has anyone thought to post on either the local channel or their owner social media pages? They are just as much at fault as the service providers.

Integrity2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Without a choice to watch the NFL playoff game (after missing the Winter Classic and Rose Bowl), I decided to add their YYTV option. All the hassle to add and cancel an additional service just to keep a channel that I’m already paying for is bad enough. At the same time, they’re trying to upsell my service package. Utterly shameless.

Cuthecable
Enthusiast - Level 1

They sure are able to teach their customer service reps how to negotiate but the upper management can’t with their vendors 

Long Customer = Possible Disconnect
gwan0000
Enthusiast - Level 2

1.  This dispute with Cox and blocking the NBC channel is absurd.   i pay 180 a month and a freely broadcasted channel is now blocked?  Send me an antenna and I'll stay or credit me the 30.00 for the antenna.  You advise customers to use a competitor to get a freely broadcasted channel which after 30 days is 50.00.   I'm baffled how that makes any logical business sense.   Last time i checked Google/ Alphabet owns YouTube.   Why not allow your customers their regular service till your negotiations are concluded?   

2.  New customers get cheaper pricing than a customer thats been with you guys for years.   

3.  I went through something similar a few months ago where FX networks was blocked till the negoitiations were concluded.   This COX/ NBC issue is the icing on the cake.             Please give me an incentive to stay with FIOS.   

0 Likes
Re: Long Customer = Possible Disconnect
GameOver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Draconian much?  Makes the decision to leave easier.  Thanks.

D-Deb

I pay over $200/mth for the “privilege” of watching.  I’ve been holding off on dropping cable but this just may be the push I needed.  Get over your corporate greed and get an NBC affiliate now.

0 Likes
PhD-Chemist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like they settled their differences. I got an email at 8:28 pm and the stations are back online. I assume the guide will be updated tomorrow.