No contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate
PhD-Chemist
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got 2 emails early this morning about the lack of a contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate and see that those several channels and sub channels have been blacked out. If Verizon can’t get a good price from the Pittsburgh affiliate, why not negotiate with a different affiliate or even just negotiate to get the network feed directly? I am more interested in the network content than the local content.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No contract with WPXI the local NBC affiliate
PhD-Chemist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like they settled their differences. I got an email at 8:28 pm and the stations are back online. I assume the guide will be updated tomorrow.

View solution in original post

jsgpu933
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I already called Comcast to switch. Clearly no contingency plan and no concern for Verizon customers. Hello xfinity!

drc12301
Enthusiast - Level 1

agree they need to provide a NBC feed.  

Re: Fios TV Content Update - Terrier (formerly Bristlecone/Cox) There’s been a change to your chann
BurghBoomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

UNACCEPTABLE.  How do you not carry NBC in Pittsburgh??  Are you trying to drive all the loyal, long-time Verizon customers to be like their twenty-something children and go buy smart tvs and use streaming services?  Remember:  THIS IS PITTSBURGH, HOME OF THE BOOMERS.

Mal6277
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, I do not need WPXI. But I want NBC. Most of the things I watch is on that channel. If they dont fix that asap, I will be switching to Comcast. I am no contract so nothing is holding me back. And my husband is already on me to call and switch because he already has been annoyed with them.

Irish130
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't these **bleep** at NBC know we can get their station for nothing? Sometimes I don't understand where these so called exes. get their brains.

0 Likes
ecspgh

Might be time to start shopping for another provider.  

0 Likes
Loraine1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am more than a little displeased with this situation.    I already am paying for services that mean nothing to me like the Spanish channels.    If this is a financial decision between two parties like Verizon and Cox Media, why can't Verizon have a menu where subscribers pay for only the channels they want, like NBC ?    I would be more than happy to pay for the channels I want.     I hope that the parties can settle this soon, or I will be making changes in my cable provider.      

Dogs21

It's apparent that neither side is concerned about the subscribers.  Will we be getting a reduction of our monthly bill since we're paying for the service that's not being provided?

0 Likes
Verizon1012

It is absolutely ridiculous that Verizon does not carry NBC a main station. That is one of the only stations some people watch. I will be switching services if this issue is not resolved soon. 

0 Likes