On Demand Can't Pause
CommMajor101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why can't I pause the free programs I watch on demand? Is this normal or is there something wrong? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Can't Pause
jtarheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

There may be some channels that want you to watch their commercials, so the pause, FF, and such do not work.  The only button that works is the stop button.

0 Likes
CommMajor101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

0 Likes
smartinx

I can understand blocking FF, but Rewind and pause just seem silly.  Pausing doesn't let me skip the commercials...just postpone the agony and rewind would let me watch the commercials over and over again.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@smartinx wrote:

I can understand blocking FF, but Rewind and pause just seem silly.  Pausing doesn't let me skip the commercials...just postpone the agony and rewind would let me watch the commercials over and over again.

I agree with you, but apparently the providers of the material don't. As I understand it, there is nothing Verizon can do. I think we all need to complain to the various providers if we are going to have any hope of getting that changed (and unfortunately I doubt we really have any chance, we are pretty much a captive audience).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The actual problem is that Verizon is not able to disable specific functions. So they cant just disable FF. In order to disable FF they have to diable all functions. So any provider that requires that you cannot FF through the commercials causes the side effect of not being able to access the other controls as well. This usually only happens on the network shows however.

0 Likes
8bitjeff

This seems to be fixed for NBC and ABC now (among others  i would guess also). For the first time today  I can pause/ff/and rewind (not skip).

0 Likes
GUMBY21

PEOPLE WAKE UP THIS IS A SCAM MAKING US WATCH COMMERCIALS THAT WE DONT WANT TO ITS VERIZON IN BED WITH ADVERTISERS - NO SURPRISE

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now nine years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes