On Demand/Guide Update
Cadwalder
Enthusiast - Level 1

have you seen the latest update of the entire VOD format?! whoever coded the development of this troubling new format shld be terminated!

one example: go to any menu of movies and scan across titles until you get to something you like. you will see in 'Your Stuff' menu, every movie you scanned across is listed in your 'Movies Browsed' section?! then, when you want to go back, you must click 'OnDemand' and start all over again?!  

Re: On Demand Update
Sue19511
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everything you say - I have never clicked as much as I am doing now PLUS, has anyone noticed how the episode graphics are darn near impossible to read unless you are standing nose to nose with the screen? This is why I watch on my PC or IPAD much more so than ON Demand. 

I dare anyone from corporate to respond with something other than they will pass this information on. Why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken? More money, that's why.

Just for once, listen to what your subscribers are saying and do something about it!

TV configuration
DianeDegener
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who in the world decided to change the set up on the TV screen? The info button has changed to show your program and what is on next only on the channel you're on. Now you have to go the guide to find the info for a different channel. Put it back to the way it was. There are too many things showing up on the TV screen that you have to exit out of!!!!!

Re: TV configuration
veryirritated2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. The guide (and, thus, the tv) has been completely unusable since this last software update. The guide is so small that I can't read it even with my glasses on. I don't have bad eyesight and I've never needed my glasses to watch tv before. The entire update is so clunky. Just doing basic things like filtering to channels you subscribe to, using the dvr, and returning to the last channel you were watching is so much more difficult than it was before. I mean, why change what buttons you would use for those functions? Why make something easy more difficult? What was the purpose of this update. It certainly wasn't to make it more aesthetically pleasing because it is definitely not that! Agreed: put it back the way it was.

Johngalt338
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new on demand format is HORRIBLE.  Extremely slow, extremely difficult to navigate. Extremely frustrating.  The one thing the new format does extremely well is provoke me to swear at how bad it is.  You really have to wonder what IT "experts" came up with this garbage and what "executives" thought it was a good idea.

New channel software
Debitman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

New channel guide is so slow and confusing.  Also, when you press ‘play’ button to get info on what you are watching, the EPISODE title is in large font and BOLD, and the actual program name is in small font in corner, very very confusing!

do you even use focus groups who actually watch your Fios or just the IT NERDS DOING what they want?

New info bar is terrible!
FloydLVC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I mean this thing is the worst! The info you need is small and hard to find. There a big picture in the left corner that is useless. And it can’t keep up with the remote when changing channels. Go back to the old one please! 

The new Fios UI
Ravensflock
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new UI is terrible! It is slow and clunky feeling. Now whenever I go and press play n a network it 50/50 of either a black blank screen or all show will appear. I just do not like it. I finally got really used to the last UI that worked great and now we got this. Woohoo!!!

GerryG2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The whole guide is messed up. There is no way to show a list of whats on a particular channel . This was called the channel guide under the guide options. I used this regularly to set my dvr. I hate the new guide. Give us back the old one.

mbd11
Enthusiast - Level 1

They haven't changed it yet where I live, and I hope they don't. But I'm afraid they probably will. I used the new version while visiting my parents in Pennsylvania this weekend. Didn't like it at all.

Two things in particular I didn't like: 1) in the channel guide, the channel names are now written in a very small font that's difficult to read; 2) the 30-second reverse button (which I use a lot) now brings up a bunch of info on the screen. I prefer it the old way, where you hit that button and it reverses by 30 seconds, but nothing appears on the screen. No need for any info then.