Re: New On Demand Screen and Pricing
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

New vod menus put both pay episodes and free together.

Pay content is controlled by content provider.

My guess is that CBS is limiting free vod episodes to try and push people to their pay streaming service.

0 Likes
OnDemand change
TraceyC2

Since the change in Fios OnDemand, there are programs on Nickelodeon that you have to buy when before, my kids could watch for free. One example is the show, "The Loud House." Any idea why there is this new charge?

0 Likes
Re: OnDemand change
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it all episodes or just some? Say older ones?

As they have combined free and paid episodes together, there may be ones that you didn't see before and now do but are paid verisons.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
johne6
Enthusiast - Level 2

After  posting problem and calling to complain next day it worked without charges.

0 Likes
Re: 2 complaints.
ToniM1
Enthusiast - Level 3

With respect, the point is that we already pay to view program on non-premium channels.  why should we pay a second time just to catch up on shows we missed.  This is the last straw.  i'll be finding out when my contract expires and switching back to Time Warner.  Switching to Verizon was a big mistake.

Re: 2 complaints.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ToniM wrote:

With respect, the point is that we already pay to view program on non-premium channels.  why should we pay a second time just to catch up on shows we missed.  This is the last straw.  i'll be finding out when my contract expires and switching back to Time Warner.  Switching to Verizon was a big mistake.

I checked some ot the complained about stuff with a friend who has TIme Warner(after merger with Charter and Brighthouse now called Spectrum).  Exact same episodes are pay per view as I see on Frontier (and am told are ppv on Verizon).  Verizon has told us that they do not choose which of these shows on these channels are pay per view and which are offered free with regular channel subscriptions.

They do choose how much additional to charge OVER what they have to pay the channel providers, and for those PPV movies they offer.

Re: 2017 on demand fees
rsvihla
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today there is a charge to view Episodes 1 and 3 of NBC's Emerald City on my DVR with the new interface, but they are free on my old Motorola 2600 SD box, which has the old interface.  This tells me it's a glitch in the new interface, which SUCKS.

Re: 2017 on demand fees
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Might be the difference between HD version and SD version.

BTW, Verizon has said they are working to get rid of SD vod content.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's up with the charge to watch older episodes of broadcast tv shows?  Who is charging this fee...the networks or Verizon.  This stinks big time.  Half of the episodes are even missing.  So sick of Verizon always making changes that don't help the customer.  We already pay for this service and I resent being charged for anything that was ever shown on (free) TV.  Verizon doesn't even let you send them feedback on their so-called improvements.  Customer Service says to post complaints here and they read them.  Really????  There's gotta be a better service out there.  Their new features are time-consuming and inconvenient.  

VERIZON...if you're listening, give us back the old VOD and SEARCH and stop messing with our TVs.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you read a few posts back, people's are seeing charges on other service providers as well. So most probably being charged from networks.

0 Likes