Ongoing Motorola 7216 Playback Issues
borgib
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last 6 months or more I have had ongoing regular problems with playback on my Home Media DVR. When I click fast forward while watching a recording it freezes and I have to stop playback and select "play from beginning" and watch the recording without fast forwarding. I've tried multiple power cycles of the DVR with no results. This is absolutely frustrating! I love my FiOS service. My wife on the otherhand wants to switch back to Brighthouse because of equipment problems such as this one. I defend Verizon each time, but as this continues it's getting harder and harder convince her to stick it out. I absolutely refuse to be sent the same model DVR. I understand there is a newer more upgraded DVR, and that is all I will accept. I called in to get this but tech support sent me to billing who said there is nothing they can do. They can't send out a specific model of DVR and I will likely get the same model. Can anyone point me to someone that can? I will be forced to switch providers if this cannot happen. This DVR is a joke. This is my second one and both have been nothing but problems. We never had a single problem with our Brighthouse boxes. I am on automatic debit so my bill is ontime everytime. I am a good customer. Why should I have to deal with this? Customer service and/or tech support should have the ability to take care of someone in my situation. This is just absoultely poor customer service. 

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing Motorola 7216 Playback Issues
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your box. I have sent you a private message to get more information about your problem.

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing Motorola 7216 Playback Issues
vampfaery

I have been having similar issues. With a few of the shows I've been recording I can't fast forward or skip forward or the playback is immediately stopped and I am returned to the DVR menu. It's incredibly frustrating to have to sit through all the time I thought I would be able to skip through. It's especially frustrating considering when I called customer service about this, I was greeted with a mocking service woman who only proceeded to ask if I was sure I knew how to work my DVR. Really? She couldn't take this seriously at all. So I have no help with an incredibly frustrating problem and I'm *sure* I can't be the only one. Customer service is terrible and hopefully they solved your problem so you can help me. Thanks.

0 Likes