Only getting 480p
sefurd

Just connected a new TV to my STB and I'm only getting 480p.  I have quantum and TV is 1080p capable.  Is this a verizon issue or a TV issue?  Note that on this STB, I have a very long coax cable from the wall to the STB.

0 Likes
Re: Only getting 480p
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

First thing we need to know is how you are connected to the TV before anyone can give you suggestions as to what the issue is.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Go to Menu => Settings => Audio & Video => Video Settings => Video Format and select what format you would like. Make sure that the STB is connected with HDMI or component cables to the TV. Only channels above 500 are HD channels. Check the TVs format settings as well.

0 Likes
coair73x
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. 2 Diff TVs  19inch.  Both are 720p. HDMI . After initial setup it was fine at 720p. After having it off for awhile when I turn it back on 480p!  This is on a 1100IPC

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@coair73x wrote:

I am having the same problem. 2 Diff TVs  19inch.  Both are 720p. HDMI . After initial setup it was fine at 720p. After having it off for awhile when I turn it back on 480p!  This is on a 1100IPC

Your problem sounds like ean HDMI handshake issue between the STB and TV.  Don't have any suggestions as to how to fix other than try changing the cable from the box to TV (probably won't help).

The other option would be to try Component video (the 3 wire video input [Y, Pb, R}.  It still delivers full HD but is analog instead of digital (supports up to 1080i).

0 Likes
NevillesMom

This was the solution I was looking for! Thank you! 

@Telcoguru wrote:

Go to Menu => Settings => Audio & Video => Video Settings => Video Format and select what format you would like. Make sure that the STB is connected with HDMI or component cables to the TV. Only channels above 500 are HD channels. Check the TVs format settings as well.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes