Re: Opening Screen when Starting the TV
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I think there are 2 different Fios TV selections.  I have the old version of Fios (which I believe is not the same as Fios One) and therefore, I also do not have some of these menu selections.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NEIL13764 wrote:

I think there are 2 different Fios TV selections.  I have the old version of Fios (which I believe is not the same as Fios One) and therefore, I also do not have some of these menu selections.

You probably have the old 1100 series boxes. You are most likely seeing the Fios screensaver, which is only on when the box is off. Make sure your remote is turning the box on and the TV at the same time. By hitting OK on the remote, you are turning the box on.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, I still have the 1100 router/modem

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@NEIL13764 wrote:
Yes, I still have the 1100 router/modem

I am referring to the 1100 series Fios boxes, instead of the newer Fios one 4100 boxes. That means you probably have a P-265 remote, which needs to be wiped and re-programmed.

How to program your remote control

Please read all instructions before starting.

1. Press the OK and FiOS TV buttons at the same time. Release both buttons and the red light on the remote will blink twice and stay on.
  2. Next, press and release the Play/Pause button once every second until the remote finds the right code and your TV shuts off. When the TV shuts off, stop pressing the Play/Pause button.
  3. Press the TV Power button on the remote to turn the TV on. If the TV turns on, press OK to save.

TV won't turn on? 
    Press the Channel Down button once every second until it turns on. Then press OK to save.

@NEIL13764