P265 Remote attached to multiple televisions
zkaston

Hey there Verizon Community, I'm hoping you can help me out with a problem I have..

I've got a STB attached to a TV in my living room, along with a second monitor attached to my desktop (which can double as a second TV, though that's not how I'm using it).  

The problem arises because both my TV and the monitor are Samsung and the P265 only has a single programming code for samsung.  

I've tried blocking the IR receiver (or at least where I think it is) on my monitor using duct tape, but it doesn't work.

Anyone know how to fix it (and getting a new TV/monitor isn't really an answer 🙂 )

Thanks,

zkaston

0 Likes
Re: P265 Remote attached to multiple televisions
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

zkaston --

The way the programming for that remote works is - once your type the primary code for Samsung (331) you will then press "ch +" to move through all the codes for Samsung.  It sounds like the first code it finds is working for your TV; but you can try to keep pressing "ch +" to see if other codes work that don't work on your other monitors.  Although it is possible that all the Samsung codes work on your other Samsung devices also.  You can check out the remote's programming guide here: http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/323E48A1-1712-43BA-AFAE-85232B02615F/0/P265UserMan...

Thanks -- Mike

0 Likes