Pause buffer STILL not working
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

after how many years now verzion programmers STILL can not get the pause buffer to work when switching between two channels. I pause one station go to another station wait five minutes then go back to the first station and instead of being left at where I pause it I am only behind real time by maybe 30 secs.

0 Likes
Re: Pause buffer STILL not working
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Personally, I've never had the buffer work at all. I only have a single buffer. I called Verizon on this and their "offical" word is that they do not support dual buffers for live tv. This is actually a function of the hardware itself. So how it works now is how its always going to work. Hopefully the new brand of boxes that they are supposed to be getting will have usable dual buffers. Or there is always TIVO and MOXIE.

0 Likes
Satnel2000

Works great on box.  I pause one program and change the channel.  When I go back, it's right where I left it.  I just tried pausing a program, changed channel and paused that program as well.  When I went back to 2st program it had gone ahead maybe 1 second.  Went back to second program, same thing happened there with the 1 second progression.  Went back to 1st program and it was right where it left off after the forward "creep".  Same thing on 2nd program.  Buffer holding true.  🙂

Of course I would lose one of the tuners if I was recording something.

0 Likes
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems to work OK for me.  Sometimes I'm not sure if it picks up exactly where I paused. 

My main issue is that I typcially manage to channel surf after pausing, therefore causing the STB to swap tuners and losing my paused program.  I really miss the true dual tuner functionality I had with my previous provider where the "Swap" button swapped tuners and any actions affected the currently selected tuner - leaving the first tuner alone.  The "Last" button toogled between the last 2 channels on the current tuner.  I could flip all around and then "Swap" back to the original tuner and resume from where I paused.

0 Likes