Paying for HD programming but only have standard STB's.
lobsta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I mistakenly posted this message in the internet forum so am reposting it here.

In Jan. I was persuaded to lock in an upgraded FIOS plan with 25/25 with HBO &  movie package. I was looking at my bill yesterday & realized I was paying for HD on the movie package. I've had FIOS for 3 years now & still have all my old original equipment. The STB's are QIP2500-1 & the modem is a Motorola NIM100. Do I have to pay even more money to be able to see what I am already paying for?

Thanks

Al

P.S. As of a few months ago, I can also can not get the weather widget on my sets.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Paying for HD programming but only have standard STB's.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

and I am pretty confident Verizon doesn't offer a standard definition only package anymore.  everything is HD with regards to the price packages.  

you couldn't call and say I want SD only and get it.  they would sell you the packages that they have (everything has hd) and then just give you SD boxes.

there is no price difference for sd only in the package price, but the boxes are cheaper. 

View solution in original post

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

If you subscribe to the movie package(s) you get both HD and SD versions (there is no pricing difference for SD only).  If you want to be able to watch the movie channels in HD then you will need to upgrade your STB to an HD model.  Unless you live in the NY metro area that will be a change in monthly rental to $9.99.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

and I am pretty confident Verizon doesn't offer a standard definition only package anymore.  everything is HD with regards to the price packages.  

you couldn't call and say I want SD only and get it.  they would sell you the packages that they have (everything has hd) and then just give you SD boxes.

there is no price difference for sd only in the package price, but the boxes are cheaper.