Poor picture quality
rays_rule

My FiOS TV picture quality has been pretty bad for the past few months. There are constant picture break-ups; sometimes the picture simply freezes for 10 seconds or so; I've had the sound drop out until I physically powered down the STB. I have 3 STBs (one HD) and this happens on all 3. All Tech support ever does is try & reboot & reload software. Since the problem only occurs "sometimes" - it's always impossible to state whether or not they've fixed the problem. No problems with Voice or Internet service.

I don't have the time or patience to keep calling back & sitting on the line waiting. Is this just something I need to live with in Florida?

0 Likes
Re: Poor picture quality
Hubrisnxs
Legend

pixelization from my experience is typically the coax cables and inside wiring at the house, so if you want to avoid a call and are looking for a possibly cheap fix, run over to radio shack or a similiar store, and pick up brand new coax, and a brand new 1ghz splitter or better.    replace as much wiring as you can,   start with doing just one cable run though.   when I had that problem, it was sufficient enough for me to replace just the run from the wall to my cable box, with a cheapy coax cable and that fixed the problem.  

If the problem happens in several rooms though, that is when you want to start looking at replacing splitter's. I wouldn't replace the splitter if it was just one room. 

0 Likes