Programing the remote's A B C D custom buttons?
thetick

Hi all,

My FIOS TV is great well expect the accuracy of the channel guide.  Anyway I like the Mini-Guide (third option under Menu -->TV Listings) but really need to access it with one button push. FIOSTV button does not have all the info as the Mini-Guide and Mini guide is not listed as an option for the Menu button (Menu -->Settings-->Television-->Default Guide has only Full Guide or Half guide).

So I see there are 4 buttons on the bottom of the remote A B C D.  A bring up the widgets which is fine, but already have a widgets button on the remote.  B,C and D do not appear to do anything but are acknoledged by my STB with the left green LED active when pushed.

So how do I program the A B C D buttons?  or at least pop up the Mini Guide?  The remote users guide only shows how to program other devices not the A B C D buttons.  Is there a more comphensive remote users guide? Not sure if it matters but I have the RC144 5302/00B remote with the QIP-7100 P1 reciever.

0 Likes
Re: Programing the remote's A B C D custom buttons?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Pressing the Down arrow brings up the mini guide
0 Likes
thetick

Very cool thanks.  The down button works fine.  I should have tried all the buttons before posting. 

Now what's still open is how to change the A B C D butons.  For example I would set one up to popup the HBO on Demand, one for free movies on Demand .. etc.  Anyone know how to do this or can point me to a "real" manual besides Verizon's Users Guide which only explains how to program the device buttons?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

As far as I know there is no way to program the buttons. As you found out the A button brings up the Widgets and the rest do nothing. If you do find a way to program them be sure to let us know. 

The Users Guide is the only manual I have seen for the remote. If you haven't looked at the document I wrote on Exploiting Favorites you might want to read that, I did document how some of the buttons on the remote work but are not really documented very well anywhere else (at least that I know of).

Maybe Verizon will put the B, C, and D buttons to use in the next release of the IMG, at least we can hope.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Programming the remote's A B C D custom buttons?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
Yeah, unfortunately the a,b,c,d buttons are not programmable. They are "reserved" for future "enhancements" to the fios tv service.
0 Likes