Programming FiOS TV remote help
warz2k4

I've been trying to program my remote for over a month now since I've had service. I called technical support they said they couldn't do anything but send me a new remote(incase of malfunction). I don't think thats the case.

I have a CURTIS HDTV ( not curtis mathes) . The company that makes my TV is http://www.curtisint.com/ .

I have the new FiOS remote for just TV capability(not dvd or vcr or other stuff). Model VZ P265v1 RC.

I've tried 082, 083,084  codes , they don't work. And I also tried the "use brand code" method. doesn't work either. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Programming FiOS TV remote help
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Warz2k4,

Have you attempted to do the search for a code?  Below is a link to a video how to.  It will allow a search of all codes on remote (there is about 300).  If the TV is compatible with remote it will use one of the generic codes available.  Please let me know if that helps.  Thanks

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/general+support/how-to+videos/remote+controls/127742...

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Unfortunatly those videos will not help. He has the 2 function remote, not the 4.

Warz2k4,

Did you follow the Code Search Method to Program the RC in the booklet? If not, try that first. If you did, there is nothing more to try. That tries every code the remote knows. If none of those codes work, then the remote simply will not work with your tv.

If that's the case, you have 3 options.

1. If the Curtis remote has a STB mode or an AUX mode. You may be able it to work with your Verizon Box. Verizon uses the typical Motorola codes
  2. Purchase a universal remote that works with your TV. There are many out there. Some expensive and some not so expensive. Then just program it for both your TV and Verizon STB
  3. Use two remotes.
0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Spacedebris,

What model remote does he have?  Thanks

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@warz2k4 wrote:

I have the new FiOS remote for just TV capability(not dvd or vcr or other stuff). Model VZ P265v1 RC.

0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will investigate further.  I am pretty sure that the search steps are the same for the model you currently have.  Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes
warz2k4

Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it

Anyways, yes i've tried the code search where it sends a new code to the box everytime I push the "Play" button. Nothing works. I tried this random code method bout 5-6 times, it usually ends at a stop where the "red light" blinks continously about 3-4 times. On the manual I read online for my particular remote, it says CURTIS is 082, I've tried that, while pushing up/down channel , as well as volume, nothing worked.

I don't really like to use 2 remotes, nor use a universal remote controller 😞

Can someone investigate further whether CURTIS even support this type of programming function?

0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to discuss the issue over the phone.  Please go to the secure link below.  Enter the Name, Address, Phone and Email.  Reply back when completed.  Thanks

https://www22.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/

0 Likes
warz2k4

I have filled out the form you linked.

Please let me know when you plan on calling(hour-hour), I'm currently unavailble today till like 8-9pm EST

0 Likes
warz2k4

Hello Javier, i received all your voicemails last week. Sorry I've been insanely busy and going on 5 hour sleep/day due to 4exams this week/3 finals. Is there anyway you'll be availible tomorrow(tuesday at 12pm) to call me? Or possibly Thursday(12pm)? Please reply asap, thanks.  -- Ricky

0 Likes