QIP 7232-2 often crashes on wakeup
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe 10%-20% of the time when I wake up my DVR the box will crash.  All the lights go on and the box reloads.  Occasionally, but less, often it also does this in the middel of recording/viewing for no apparent reason.  Presumeably Verizon knows when this happens and there's some sort of diagnostic to explain what's hapenning and why.  It's getting very annoying, and I'd like to get a fix.

0 Likes
Re: QIP 7232-2 often crashes on wakeup
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean wakup?

Verizon doesn't get any crash reports.

And given the fact that the 7232 is one of the older models of DVRs, fixes will be limited.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

What do you mean wakup?

Verizon doesn't get any crash reports.

And given the fact that the 7232 is one of the older models of DVRs, fixes will be limited.

Its only one generation back. so IF it was determined to be a bug in software it would likely get fixes. 

However sounds more like an isolated failure of the box, that just needs to be reported to Verizon to get a replacement.

0 Likes
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

By "wake up" I mean when I push the STB button on the remote and go from standby to operating mode.

Since the box crashes and has to download the software from Verizon I'd assume they would know (at least they should be noting such information).

If it only happend on wake up I might suggest some sort of power supply issue that it sometime draws too much power and crashes.  Other than that, seems like maybe some watchdog reset.

May just be a fluke.  Thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had a similar problem.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Haven't heard anyone else ahve this problem.

But there is no reason to turn STB off either.
Doesn't save any electricity.

0 Likes
chrisw8925

I have very similar symptoms, and have been told by a few users and techs that I need a replacement box.

0 Likes