Redeem points for movies on demand
davidcarey606

I have stuggled for years to try to redeem points for on demand movies - it rarely works and is very hard to accomplish.  Just got last month's bill with $60 in movie charges that I thought we paid for with points.  Verizon intentionally does not disclose how to redeem and makes redeeming difficult so balances are not used for movies.  It's fraudulent marketing intended to retain subsribers. 

0 Likes
Re: Redeem points for movies on demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its very easy.

When you go to rent a movie, you are given the choice to pay or use points.

Not all movies all points to be used.

So fi yuo don't see that option, then you cant use points.

Typically, very new movies dont allow points.

0 Likes
davidcarey606

Thank you for you reply.  It is not clear to me when points may not be used.  It gives the impression they are being redeemed and then money charges appear on the next bill.  Thanks

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 899 points and want to buy the last episode($4.99) of John Adams. Do I press Buy Episode($4.99) . Then, I will see a option to pay with My Points? Is 899 points enough to buy $4.99?  Why don't I see a way to purchase with points without pressing Buy Episode($4.99)? Thank you in advance for any response!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its a penny a point.

So a $4.99 movie is 499 points.

For purchases or rentals (keep in mind not every offering allows points to be used) choose the option (purchase or rent) Then you will be given an option to pay on account, other option (like credit card) or rewards points (if available).

0 Likes