Remote DVR viewing
JCW01

I saw an old thread on whether or not Verizon had added the ability to watch DVR recorded shows remotely (PC/Mobile Device, etc).  Has anybody been able to do this?  Or is it still in limbo?

Thanks,

JC

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR viewing
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Today the only way to watch remote DVR is through the STB.  You must have the multi-room DVR STB.  Any other TV in your home with a STB can watch a DVR show.  Outside of that there are no other ways available today.

Jim

0 Likes
JCW01

Ok...

Anything in the pipeline?

Thanks

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Back at CES in January 2013 Verizon showcased the FIOS Media Server.  Now, this is going to allow many more recording etc. but one thing I'm not sure of is if it will permit you to watch a DVR recorded show on a tablet or PC.

I do not have a date for release on this.  I hope sooner than later because many other providers offer 6 channel Tuners.

Anyway if you search FIOS Media Server you will see a lot of stuff on the Internet about this.

Sorry I wasn't more helpful but this is all I know at this moment.

0 Likes
JCW01

Thanks for the info.  I have been less than thrilled with FIOS as it is, I may be headed elsewhere in the near future.

0 Likes
Suggy
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you are looking to stream to PC, tablet or cell from Fios DVR: www.slingbox.com

unfortunately you cannot copy programs to a pc very easily from Fios DVR.

I went with Tivo & it would save you money in the long run & you can sell the box on eBay for an added benefit & upgrade later, it also alows you to copy to a PC or mobile device.

0 Likes