Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
boo204
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are we really back to removing what we don't agree with? As an adult in life we learn to avoid things we don't like or agree with. It's like telling the child that has an issue with sharing a toy that they should just smash it as a way to solve their issues with sharing! In my opinion it would be a huge mistake for Verizon to remove OAN. When I see that you're thinking of removing AWE (also owned by Herring networks) i have to believe it's an attack on Larry Herring and that is just wrong! 

Tags (1)
Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
dogusej
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's more than a mistake it's against Free Speech. If the truth offends You don't watch. I cancelled My subscription with Spectrum after 30 years and joined Verizon after Me and many other subscribers wanted OANN added to their packages but They refused. The ratings on OANN is outstanding not so on CNN & MSNBC. those cable companies ratings are very low that's probably one reason CNN is bringing in New Leadership and firing some of the Staff.

mbernste

You need to re-read the STB message more carefully.  Verizon wants to charge for OAN and AWE and offer it as a premium channel.  It is OAN's parent company that is balking at this.  Blame OAN's owners, not Verizon for any possible removal.  It's a business decision, plain and simple.

I think those on OAN's side just doesn't want to pay for these channels.

0 Likes
ROVER21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I THINK OAN IS A GREAT NEWS OUTLET AND SHOULD REMAIN

dogusej
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please disregard My recent email. I spoke to Verizon and was told the message I got was a mistake and They  are Re-negotiating There Contract with OANN. The message that was sent to Me was in My opinion deliberate stating the reason for the cancellation was because OANN reports Fake News without Fact Checking. The Verizon Rep. I spoke to said that wasn't true because They have no input as to whether News is Fake or not. when I called Verizon the T.V  message in My message box had mysteriously disappeared but I assured The Verizon Rep. I was truthful and that Verizon should check Their Logs to find out who sent the Bogus Message.

0 Likes
Re: New Channel - One America News Network
loveconcertband
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe Verizon Fios should not cancel One America News Network channel from live TV.  They provide an excellent perspective on the news.  I strongly urge them to provide them air space and time.  - loveconcertband

Fiosuser12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree.  OAN does investigative journalism.  In my opinion, the "corporate media"- in general- reads press releases of those with whom they agree and interviews in small sound bites. OAN does independent reporting and long and substantive interviews.  If you do not like OAN, do not watch/block it, if you like.

Fiosuser12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree.

Pattymoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

OAN STINKS NO GREAT LOSS!

loveconcertband
Enthusiast - Level 1

One America News (OAN) does a great job of presenting the facts on both sides of an issue and providing a more balanced view for the viewers.  I prefer watching their news instead of the mass media stations (which tend to be biased) and often present a one-sided perspective in an attempt to brainwash the American public to their way of thinking.  Please do not remove OAN from Verizon Fios.

loveconcertband