Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
Awake
Enthusiast - Level 1

Earlier Quote: "OAN is not a news station. It is an extreme right wing advertising channel. All it does is put fear into people about the border, inflation, the big lie, etc. it’s all propaganda and we as a people don’t need this type of rhetoric. I hope they remove Newsmax as well same garbage. In the beginning they were decent stations but now they are terrible."

So using your criteria "it’s all propaganda", MSNBC and CNN are also not news stations and should also be removed (cough, cough, I mean made into premium channels) ?

Get real. You don't speak for me "as a people". Anyone who believes in censorship does not speak for me and never will. Learn how to change the channel and wake up before someone decides to effectively remove content that YOU don't agree with.

RapidRod
Enthusiast - Level 1

I suspect the real reason you no longer carry OAN is political in nature.  Yes, finance makes for a convenient motivation but it is not accurate or at least only partially accurate.  Verizon should not try to control free speech.  We're not all Lefties.

90% of my viewing was spent with OAN, FOX and MeTv.  So far you've dropped two out of three.  I'm looking for another carrier.

Honestjoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removing thise channels is huge mistake..ive been with verizon for years..but i think its time for a change..they already lost thousands of customers..and only matter of time before the gone...yours truly.Brandon..

Re: New Channel - One America News Network
QuickRick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, if they cancel OAN but not low performing stations like CNN, its done for political reasons (censorship).

Maybe we ought to leave Fios behind too.

QuickRick