Re: Removing OAN and AWE is a mistake for Verizon
JG710
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who needs biased media, presenting one side and cancelling others ?

LetFreedomRing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Censorship is alive and well at Verizon. So much for free speech. The left is so afraid of any ideas that are at all different then theirs. It’s a sad day when the exchange of ideas and dialectic are strangled in the name of totalitarianism. Very un-American. 

FiosCustomer6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it is a mistake.  Verizon knows what we watch.  They should consider dropping CNN.

Tragic1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon needs a list of stations that it can cancel to offset any increased cost for OANN and AWE, I'd be happy to supply some.  These stations are among the top 10 most frequently watched in my house.  

Maybe I should just scale back my TV plan and stream more content.   

Finnegan2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Big mistake. I am a Verizon retiree and will be looking for a new service. Too much censorship from WOKE corporations.

Bostongirl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Truth hurts sometimes

0 Likes
Bostongirl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

All political and against Fee Speech. Another Political move. Time to switch carriers

Misagre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon removed the OAN and AWE channels due to Congressional pressure. Too much truth in reporting! Why AWE? Verizon removed the channel because AWE shows a simulcast of OAN news. I do not like streaming but it seems the way to go now. Now, I will use Comcast for my internet service. Mr. Herring, the owner of OAN Network said last night (7/30/2022) that they tried to come to an agreement with Verizon, even letting Verizon carry their channel free of charge but Verizon refused to carry OAN any longer.  However, Verizon does not care, I called them but of course I got the song and dance lie that OAN did not agree to their terms, in which OAN was willing to give up profits to continued to be carried. If Verizon cared, then I would not be writing this message.

Misagre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Time for CANCEL culture to be applied to Verizon. I will most definitely be moving on to streaming. Oh, OAN is coming out with a device that you plug in to your TV to get the News channel. Mr. Herring did give not a release date but I will be looking forward to it! Besides, I already subscribe to OAN, so you can deplatform it but you cannot stop us from access to the channel. Unless, unless, Verizon tries to block the airwaves, LOOL!!!

Re: Bring Back OAN
Misagre
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct! Verizon is talking about dropping FOX News Channel t!oo! Newsmax renewed their contract with Verizon. Newsmax is middle road. I believe that is why they added Greta Van Susteran to the line up. Verizon is responding to Democrat Congressional pressure!