STB # 7216 Set Up Menu Settings
Noshow1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon replaced my old STB # 6416 with a # 7216 due to problem I had with changing the hidden 'set up menu'. For my Marantz receiver (does not have HDMI slots) to use surround sound on my new Samsung 7100 series Smart TV, I need to change the 'additional HDMI settings' in the set up menu on the 7416. 

When you can finally get to the hidden menu (must depress power-select-menu buttons 'quickly) you can change the additional HDMI settings to 'passthrough'. This will then allow me to change the Sound setting on the TV to Dolby from PCM (anyone know what that is?). Will work surround sound fine.

PROBLEM:

If the STB is powered off and on again, it loses the setting change to passthrough and reverts to a default setting.

Tv Sound setting reverts back to PCM and no surround sound again. I read in one blog to just don't turn off power to STB. 

Last night I turned ogg TV and Receiver without using Verizon remote to leave STB power on. This am the STB had reverted back to defaults as the 'ligt' showing the STB up was not on. Must power itself down internally.

Anyone know how to get the STB to maintain changes made in set up menu? Is there another box (7232)?

Does Direvt TV have this issue?

0 Likes
Re: STB # 7216 Set Up Menu Settings
PJL
Master - Level 3

I've read on other forums that this issue indeed exists with Samsung smart TVs and the FiOS STB. 

When I've changed the hidden setting on my 7236 they've always stuck.  Sorry, but I don't have a recommendation here but hopefully someone else does.

0 Likes
Re: STB # 7216 Set Up Menu Settings
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have 4 different models of Samsung Smart tv's (all plasma rather than LCD) and have no problem.  Must be specific models.

PCM is uncompressed digital.  Most new HDTV's will handle that even if they don't handle dolby.  It includes surround sound.  Your receiver may or may not.  I believe Verizon sends PCM for most SD channels as they are not sent in Dolby.

Not heard of the setting getting lost. 

0 Likes