STB rewinding to beginning of buffer
idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Experts, 

I am having an issue with my remote STB,

IPC4100.  When I go to the last channel I can watch with no issues, however if I try to rewind 10 minutes it rewinds to the beginning of the buffer. When I try to FF from that point I see the program get closer to real time but when I hit play it takes me back to the beginning of the buffer. This happens on multiple channels. I  tried rebooting the STB on multiple occasions but no change in behavior. My other remote STB IPC4100 works with no problems. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you, 

frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB rewinding to beginning of buffer
idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like the fix was to reboot the DVR.  After that all is back to normal on the remote STB.

Thanks for the suggestions.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@idiot_wind wrote:

Hello Experts, 

I am having an issue with my remote STB,

IPC4100.  When I go to the last channel I can watch with no issues, however if I try to rewind 10 minutes it rewinds to the beginning of the buffer. When I try to FF from that point I see the program get closer to real time but when I hit play it takes me back to the beginning of the buffer. This happens on multiple channels. I  tried rebooting the STB on multiple occasions but no change in behavior. My other remote STB IPC4100 works with no problems. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you, 

frank

Have you tried powercycling the problem box? Is it hooked up via wifi or wired?

idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response.

Have not powered cycled as of yet, suggestion of time for leaving unplugged.

The box is coax hardwired.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@idiot_wind wrote:

Thanks for the response.

Have not powered cycled as of yet, suggestion of time for leaving unplugged.

The box is coax hardwired.

Leave it unplugged for a couple of minutes. Plug it back in. If that doesn't help, go in the menu and do a reset. Menu>customer support>top support tools>fix Fios TV issues.

idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info, tried both "fixes"; power off and reset via the menu, neither seemed to have made any difference.

idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like the fix was to reboot the DVR.  After that all is back to normal on the remote STB.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Britrock

Power cycles the box last week, had a 30 min power outage this week that also reset the box, have tried the Fix TV issues option in Fios help and right this minute the box is rewinding the beginning of buffer without our input. Grrr. 

0 Likes
EvanVanVan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, this keeps happening to me too...power cycling seems to only fix it temporarily.

0 Likes
idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are correct; this is a work around and not a fix. I setup a reminder on my calendar, first thing in the morning, once a week to reboot the STB’s and the DVR. I would think by now that VZ would have a fix for this issue but …. I have been having an issue for about 8 months with the TV app and that has not been fixed either. The only reason that I stay with them is their underlying infrastructure is solid. I never had a speed or connectivity issue in the 13+ years that I have been a customer. As for the niceties and bells and whistles aspect, you would think that you are dealing with a 3rd tier operator. I am only with them until 5G is rolled out in my area, then it is good bye and good riddance.

0 Likes
EvanVanVan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, you kind of have to preemptively reboot it, otherwise it doesn't work when you need it. lol 😕

On the plus side, I updated my harmony remote to use the more reliable DirectionLeft/DirectionRight commands to skip foward/back (rather than the included skip commands). I'm hoping it's less noticeable of an issue now. (It's usually when the skip backward command wouldn't work that I would try to rewind and the issue would occur.)

0 Likes