Samsung LED smart TV WiFi connection problems (router MI424WR)
Lanikai

I am able to connect my Samsung C9000 55" LED smart TV to my home internet router (MI424WR) and am able to use the apps on the TV.  Then, out of nowhere the connection is lost.  The router is on the second floor of my home, and the TV is located in my basement, hanging on a wall.  The signal strength on the TV only shows 2 bars (out of 5), yet the playstation 3 that is also hooked up to that TV has 100% signal strength.  I've tried resetting the TV to factory default settings and started over.  Same thing happened.  Is a "booster" of some kind needed, even though the playstation gets 100% wireless connection?  Very confused and frustrated. I would greatly appreciate advice.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung LED smart TV WiFi connection problems (router MI424WR)
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Lanikai wrote:

I am able to connect my Samsung C9000 55" LED smart TV to my home internet router (MI424WR) and am able to use the apps on the TV.  Then, out of nowhere the connection is lost.  The router is on the second floor of my home, and the TV is located in my basement, hanging on a wall.  The signal strength on the TV only shows 2 bars (out of 5), yet the playstation 3 that is also hooked up to that TV has 100% signal strength.  I've tried resetting the TV to factory default settings and started over.  Same thing happened.  Is a "booster" of some kind needed, even though the playstation gets 100% wireless connection?  Very confused and frustrated. I would greatly appreciate advice.  Thank you!

Well it is obvious that the Playstation has better receive capabilities than the Samsung. A possible cheap & easy solution might be replacing the antenna on the MI-424WR (it has a replaceable antenna).  You could pick up a high-gain antenna with greater range at Radio Shack which might add just enough to solve your TV reception problem.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung LED smart TV WiFi connection problems (router MI424WR)
Lanikai

Thanks for the idea.  I will give that a try and cross my fingers.

0 Likes