Samsung Smart TV does NOT connect to FiOS wifi
HPSP
  • It was all fine and suddenly the TV stopped connecting to the wifi. 
  • It shows connected to the router but not to the internet.
  • My TV is new so still under warranty.
  • Samsung tech support made me go through OS update, reset etc. - still the same result - so Samsung says talk to your ISP
  • FiOS support made me go through router reset and all - still same result - so FiOS says talk to Samsung! 
  • FiOS also says talk to our EXPERT CARE by paying a fee!

Anyone else facing similar problem?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Smart TV does NOT connect to FiOS wifi
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have 2 Samsung smart TVs and they connect to quantum router with no issues.

Do you see the ssid when you try and  add network connection?

0 Likes
Eve13

I have the same problem.  My Samsung tv does both connect to my verizon reuter. Verizon replaced my reuter but still tv cannot connect to network.  I called verizon 4x and the 4th call I was put on hold for over 20 minutes then got disconnected.  I called again put on hold for quiet a while the disconnected again. When finally I was connected to the right person I was told I had to pay $98 good for 72 hours for them to work on my problem. I said I can't afford $98 so I was once again put on hold to be transferred since I can't pay. I was on hold again like eternity and as usual got disconnected.  I got tired and GIVING UP!!!!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

In order to connect to the Samsung’s is to hard wire via ethernet to the back of each tv. This way you bypass all that WiFi which is not really that great.

on both of our UHD 4K TVs they are connected to my router via ethernet.

of course you will get people telling you they have no issues but trust me unless it’s via ethernet there really is no perfect WiFi connection. 

If still looking to connect via wifi, you will need to know the SSID of your network.

after you connect to it via the setup screen on the Samsung you need to put the password in exactly as it was written. If it’s upper case and lowercase then put it in that way. All lowercase/uppercase then put it in that way.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What issue are you having? Can you see the ssid but can't connect? Can connect but don't get internet?

Which model router do you have?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes