Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
The new guide is a total disaster. It is extremely intrusive when trying to scroll through channels. It slows down the scroll function then takes up half the screen with information to small to read unless one is within 10 feet of the screen and remains on the screen for an eternity.
In my opinion the old guide was working quite well and did not need to be fixed, especially with this awful mess. I want my old guide back.
It was helpful without being intrusive when scrolling. It was much nicer to look at when used and you could still see the program you were watching when using the guide.
Sorry Verizon but in my opinion this new guide makes one wonder if you are trying to drive customers away.
This new guide is TERRIBLE. Why have a video background option if you can't see the video in the background? The "Last" feature now takes forever to load up and use.
Please bring back the old guide. I can't imagine anyone thinking this new guide is an upgrade.
Totally agree. This is a HUGE miss for them. It's like they didn't consult any UI/UX experts at all with this. Not sure how it is "more" helpful at all. Not even close.
I have to wonder, was the latest update even tested before release? Several problems exist, some already mentioned on this forum:
1. Response time for all functions is unacceptable. Frankly that alone is enough to make me consider leaving Fios.
2. The back color of the Guide and size of channel logos, makes some of them not able to be read, making the Guide totally useless. (Take a look at 505, 521 or 554 on the Guide, what channels are they?)
3. Wonder why you thought it was a good idea to remove the color coding for sports and movies?
4. The little display to continue watching while navigating the guide is sorely missed and one of the features I loved.
5. Over all too many clicks required to navigate.
Recommendation: one simple update would have been nice, a way to view and select channels by network name in alphabetical order would be helpful. After all most advertising for shows these days calls out the network not the channel number.
Call me crestfallen over Fios. 😞
This is a lazy rip off of the ugly guide Comcast has had for years. The previous guide was much better in most ways in respect to my viewing habits. This release was not well thought out. It removes a lot of functional
- Removing chaptering from recordings means you have to fast forward through potentially hours of video at the miniscule maximum 8x speed (other providers allow higher speeds).
- The page forward feature in the guide is gone. Obviously this was a mistake and was completely missed. You can still page backwards once you have moved forward but it takes you all of the way back to the current time. Obviously this was a mistake and was completely missed and a removal of functionality. We are now left with only the right arrow on the upper portion of the remote to move forward instead of paging forward through the guide.
- The bland look is awful and obviously has lost the extremely useful color coding feature.
- The transparency feature is useless (a waste of time for whoever implemented this). Even with the Opaque feature turned on, there is no way make out what you are watching in any way. Also, the transparency feature is inconsistent with how they manage other situations where you want to continue watching your current program. For instance, when you go in to the DVR functions you still have the "old" capability to watch your program.
- Filling the screen with how far I've skipped is annoying and is why I have turned off banners. I know how I have my Skip feature set up. I don't need to be reminded every time I hit one of the buttons. I have not found a way to turn this off.
- Maybe worst of all might be the performance. I can hit the buttons and do three count before the guide responds now.
This release was not well thought out. It removes a lot of functionality and with additional latency problems that have been introduced make the guide something I would rather not interact with. This might be just be the push I need to cut the cable.
And if a person has vision issues, the type is too small. My mom, who has macular degeneration, has a very hard time reading the new guide. And I agree with all the other issues.
Why is the new guide on one set-top box and not on the other two tv set-top boxes I have? 😳
The new guide is horrible.y husband has vision problems and can't read it. The lack of differentiation by color is a huge loss. You can't even see the full description of a show without multiple steps. It is just the worst. Why update something that had nothing wrong with it? Worst move possible
Does Verizon actually read and respond to these complaints?
I agree. The old guid was user friendly. This one is horrible. Sluggish too