Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Mojo123
Enthusiast - Level 1

That’s not a solution.  No separation between movies, news, sports.  What were you thinking and who no option to choose???

Mswzoso
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn’t agreee more. This new guide is simply awful.  Hard to read and the interface is lagging and terrible.  I’m so close to

switching providers and the service has become almost unusable 

Tartanmac
Enthusiast - Level 1

AWFUL!!  How in 2020 can we have a menu that looks and behaves as if it was created and designed in 1986? 
Among the many many already listed issues, the channel that you are watching is in full screen behind the menu! Which shows between the lines of the menu! 
When you arrow down in the menu there is screen latency while it load all those tiny pictures.

UUGGHHH the remote, the giant banner that cover me the bottom third of the screen, and play, 2x etc that appears on the screen.

ixh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely HATE EVERYTHING about this new Guide "Upgrade"! There is not a single aspect that is an improvement on the previous Guide interface... it is simply garbage!!!

My biggest gripes are:

1) I am so ANNOYED with the Information Bar at the bottom 1/3rd of the screen every time I press the Skip or Reverse button. It is too large, and lasts WAY TOO LONG on screen. I cannot configure it to go away faster or not show up at all like I was able to do with the previous one. I use Skip/Reverse constantly for watching recorded sports and this new Info Bar stays present on screen so long covering too much screen and dimming the picture. I can control its length of time when changing channels (via Now & Next Guide Timeout) but I can't control the Info Bar's duration when Skip/Reverse is pressed. I HATE THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!

2) I also don't want to see a large icon in the middle of the screen every time I press Skip or Reverse buttons... I know I did that! It just sits there right in the middle of the screen distracting the view of what I'm watching. What **bleep** thought of that? I can't get rid of it... it's so unnecessary and idiotic!!! 

3) Not being able to see the current channel in a small window in the Guide. Why not? The silly part is that they still have it when we go to other Menu interfaces like Settings. So why not leave it in the Guide where it makes the most sense to have it? There is a large chunk of space on upper-right with a static message to "Press GUIDE for filters" where you could have put the current channel window. That whole message could be moved to one small line at the bottom of the screen

4) The channel Guide is so hard to read compared to the old one. The font and monochrome look are so awful and hard to read - and I have a BIG screen TV. The Transparent Background may have been a way to eliminate the small window picture but it's a dumb idea because you can't see the content in the background and it just makes the Guide harder to read. 

There are so many other problems, like loss of color coding, filtering guide by movies/sports/etc., but I can't write a novel here.

The Bottom line is... I want the choice to revert to the old interface because this new one stinks!!! I am very unhappy with the FiOS TV service right now and it was the main reason I subscribed.

Nads1
Enthusiast - Level 1

SOLVED?  In what universe is a lame boiler-plate apology and fixing nothing called "Solved"?  You tested this with users?  Did you ask your testers if they have stock in Optimum?

This update is simply awful!  Extremely sluggish, removed features I relied on, unreadable fonts, and I could keep going, but everyone before me already listed them.  Please DON'T call it SOLVED until you restore the old interface.

Grands4
Enthusiast - Level 1

There was nothing wrong with the old guide!  It was easy to read, scroll through, the description was readily available for each program at a glance.  This new guide absolutely STINKS!  You can barely see the channel numbers, you have to search for the description.  There are too many steps to find the information you want.  This is NOT an upgrade it makes more work.   Please return the old guide.  We pay for this, why don't WE have the choice to choose what WE want!

I agree with ixh:  "I absolutely HATE EVERYTHING about this new Guide "Upgrade"! There is not a single aspect that is an improvement on the previous Guide interface... it is simply garbage!!!"   

Grands4
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED!  I just turned on my TV checked the guide, still STINKS!

JnA3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree, the new guide is the Worst attempt at improvement I have ever seen for any product, ever.  Horrible view, small screen at top left gone, color code gone, on info when surfing unless you hit “info” again, or three times, sports info when surfing only shows first team playing unless you hit info again, not intuitive, black and white is hard to read .....and on and on and on. Annoying, aggravating, and did the guy who said “this version is good” get fired yet???? 

Bea14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon!!!! Can someone fix this??? Does anyone from Verizon read these posts? I WANT MY OLD GUIDE BACK!!!! TV is now so unwatchable! How can I watch tv if the guide is unreadable? I’ve chatted with Verizon several times, no assistance. 

GUIDE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called numerous times. They said it is what it is. Tech support can’t change what it does not do, only walk you through what it can’t do. Said sorry for dropping so many options from before.

what a joke

I will give them 2 more weeks then going to direct TV