Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Mama27
Enthusiast - Level 1

As senior citizens we find the guide very difficult to read.  On a smaller screen it is impossible to see from a distance. When you change the format to enlarge it, everything else gets screwed up.  Please bring back the other format.

Thank you.

Pandas314
Enthusiast - Level 1

This whole update was done in a vacuum. The inability to get rid of the banner each time you press the forward without hitting exit each and every time; the chapter function was a great tool; latency; not user friendly; and finally when you try to find out how to do something, you have to watch a video they created that may or may not cover the topic you are searching.  Maybe it is time to cut the cord?

Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Verizon Customers,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We hear you and apologize that this software update did not meet your expectations.

We have shared your feedback internally for further analysis and consideration.

Our Product Development Team is working diligently to address the concerns and planning to implement some improvements shortly.

As always, we greatly appreciate and value your feedback.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

"some improvements"

Just 

ROLL

IT

BACK

!!!

I think we were all pretty much content with what we had.  

Fiosvze
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please roll it back to what it was before this update.

IT’s TOO BUSY

Thx

GregCSlim
Enthusiast - Level 1

2020 has been a terrible year for everybody in the US and Verizon has succeeded in making it worse. TWICE. First they change the “last channel” function to move at a glacial pace. And then they “update” the guide interface and strip it of all the advantages that the guide actually offers. It’s actually laughable that one of the biggest corporations in the country can charge the prices they do and get away with making their product worse.

Verizon, we plead with you, please go back to the old interface that no one had a problem with or seriously fix every update that 2020 has brought us. You have superior internet and cable, and that’s what we pay for. Please allow us to enjoy it.

UnhappyGuy11
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about a discounted rate on my bill since you guys bricked the DVR and the guide?

UnhappyGuy11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Comcast and FIOS have some type of working business arrangement? 

kavst20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, it used to be if you tuned into a show after it already started, you could press record and the whole show would record including the minutes you missed, now it only records from when you pressed record. In addition, you could also rewind a show you came in the middle of and watch the entire show even if you tuned in late. Now you can’t even do that. Also, if a show is new and not a repeat, the word new was in green. Now the word new is the same as all the other words. The new guide is much harder to see and use.  

JCN1908
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dang!  I used REWIND and RECORD current program all the time.  Maybe I should unsubscribe to this thread and avoid getting further spun up into a rage every time I open the new postings.   Can we hope somebody in senior mgmt will drop in to address some of these issues and the steps they might take to fix them.  VZ DON'T CARE --- VDC!  The Fake SOLVED check-off seems to confirm this!

This is so depressing...  Haven't we been through enough this year, boarded up in our residences?  And now VZ sucks the joy out of TV!