Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Skizzie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because they don’t care about each viewer, if they did they would have:

1. Not changed it in the first place (if it ain’t broke...) or

2. They would have made a beta version for people to try it out and give feedback BEFORE sending it out to everyone or

3. Made an option to install it when we wanted to or

4. Made an option to uninstall the update once we realized how hellacious it was.

But nope not good ole Verizon, they don’t care what the customer wants.

Also I just finished up with Comcast/Xfinity and unfortunately they charge $79.99 for installation since they have to cut off fios and run their lines, but he said to look out for free installation deals in the future. But I am willing to pay the fee to get rid of FIOS.

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
12yrCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The remote response time is atrocious, it takes me 5 times to enter a channel correctly.  So frustrating! 

Mp46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everything stated.  Good functionality was taken away

JPW11

What about Northern NJ?

0 Likes
Ringo1969

Bring back live preview of the current  channel in the full guide, not an image.

0 Likes
GoTerps123

I am also frustrated with the new update. I agree with your complaints and don’t like that I can no longer watch a show as I was looking at the guide. I preferred the “second” guide too and am so missing it! I hope the new update brings the things we miss back! I’ll find out 10/29!

0 Likes
Skizzie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

TO A VERIZON REPRESENTATIVE:

Can you please provide the revised schedule for the update with CORRECTIONS to all of the Problems. Before you said:

Fios TV interface changes will follow the schedule below:

• 10/22/20 - Pittsburgh, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Buffalo, NY; Syracuse, NY; Albany, NY 
  • 10/27/20 - Queens, NY; Burlington, MA; Rhode Island; Richmond, MA; Norfolk, VA 
  • 10/29/20 - Silver Spring, MD; Freehold, NJ; Philadelphia, PA
0 Likes
Re: Recent Update Problems
jeffdanger1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  In addition to the sluggish response, I now experience daily reboots of the box.  Horrible upgrade.  Also, try entering a channel number-first digit is ignored unless you wait for it to appear on screen before entering second or third digit.

shwhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

All of this has caused major issues with picture quality, last channel and just overall complaints on social media. That maybe fios does not monitor. My guess it's for the more expensive voice command system that they will push in coming months. All to pad the pockets of board members. Young people don't watch TV. Please let buttons be pushed! Bring back the old guide for current users! 

Re: Recent Update Problems
Panthrrs
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update absolutely stinks. I thought it was just perhaps me with the latency issues and remote problems but evidently not. I am now starting to considering other cable/non-cable options.