Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, but subscribers are not seeing any evidence of any improvement to the mess that the September upgrade caused. I haven't said anything that could be construed as misinformation. I have stated the fact. No evidence that anyone has taken responsibility and no improvement. Perhaps if someone took the time to say, "Hey, we're working on it. Thanks for your patience." That would go a long way.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, but I disagree. Is this a huge problem for management? Perhaps, but since there has been no response since the rollout from anyone other than disgruntled subscribers, I suspect management has decided to do nothing because that is easier than an apology or explanation. Even a note to the Forum explaining where the upgrade  went wrong and what they are attempting to do to correct the problems would go a long way. We pay a lot for our service and I appreciate the depth of entertainment and news we get for our money. But when simply changing a channel is so insanely slow and quirky, I may have to go to Internet only and use my Fire Stick. I keep hoping the Guide will be as it was.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bristollucy wrote:

Sorry, but I disagree. Is this a huge problem for management? Perhaps, but since there has been no response since the rollout from anyone other than disgruntled subscribers, I suspect management has decided to do nothing because that is easier than an apology or explanation. Even a note to the Forum explaining where the upgrade  went wrong and what they are attempting to do to correct the problems would go a long way. We pay a lot for our service and I appreciate the depth of entertainment and news we get for our money. But when simply changing a channel is so insanely slow and quirky, I may have to go to Internet only and use my Fire Stick. I keep hoping the Guide will be as it was.

Do what you want, but the SOLVED post was an attempt by the person responsible for this forum to show that this thread IS being read, and people ARE working on making the situation better. You are spreading misinformation by saying this is being ignored, and no one is working on it. I have made several requests for updates and have been told they fall under confidentiality issues. That's about all I can do as a contributor here, and you should be trying to inform, not spread rumors. By the way, what do you call APR 7.5 and APR 7.8, my imagination or attempts at fixing some of the issues posted here?

mycrowsquish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey VERIZON! hey FIOS! Are you LISTENING? I think i see a solution for you that would solve this dilemma.

I've read through this thread and see this:

Those with the Arris VMS1100 systems are running version 7.5 - I am

Those with FiOS ONE systems (don't know the model) are running version 7.8

Based on this, it is clear you can send different releases to the different systems.

Complaints all see to be people with Arris VMS1100 systems. Those with FiOS One seem to better off, though I'm sure they aren't 100% satisfied.

Consider this. It is obvious the older boxes are not capable of running this new release. They don't have the capacity or the performance to handle it.

So, create a NEW release, which is just a reposting of the version PRIOR to the September release that started all of this. It's just a version number. If you up the version of the old release and push it to all your Arris VMS1100 systems it will end this while you figure out your next steps. Obviously you did you testing all with customers with FiOS ONE systems.

I'm even sure this could be an "OPT IN" by providing something on the local STB to either accept the change or not.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI: I have a FIOS One box, and I'm still on APR 7.5

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

FYI: I have a FIOS One box, and I'm still on APR 7.5

7.8 was supposed to be rolling out by region. Don't know where you are or why you haven't gotten it yet but eventually it will get there.

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse...
dukesmom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the new, super-duper guide today. I see others received it in October of 2020. It would have been nice to ask if I wanted this useless guide. The only date available on this guide is the date the program originally aired. Who cares? WHERE IS TODAY'S DATE? In addition, there is absolutely no information about who is on the program. 

In my opinion, this guide is completely useless. I called to see if I could get help and was connected to someone who could care less about my problem. To top things off, I got an e-mail telling me the issue was "resolved." It is NOT resolved.

Re: Thought it couldn't get worse...
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@waymarie wrote:

I got the new, super-duper guide today. I see others received it in October of 2020. It would have been nice to ask if I wanted this useless guide. The only date available on this guide is the date the program originally aired. Who cares? WHERE IS TODAY'S DATE? In addition, there is absolutely no information about who is on the program. 

In my opinion, this guide is completely useless. I called to see if I could get help and was connected to someone who could care less about my problem. To top things off, I got an e-mail telling me the issue was "resolved." It is NOT resolved.

There is a help function voice command. See if that answers your questions. Also try: menu>settings>customer support>Getting started, and Help videos.

tjm339
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS fix this problem or I  will be calling Cablevision.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wrote a week ago saying I had a FIOS One box that was still running APR 7.5. At 1am on 1/12, my box rebooted itself, and I checked the System Information —the box is now updated to APR 7.8. FYI, I’m in northern Virginia. 

0 Likes