Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Has it helped? Does the update have color? What changes did you notice? 

0 Likes
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

7.8 did not do much of anything.  My box is still tremendously slow, no color, and pretty much still unacceptable.  If you are hoping this is the fix, keep hoping.

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agree. The only difference I noticed is that PIP is now on the right side of my screen. And I had to hard reboot.  No improvement that I’ve noticed.  No colors.  Logos are too small.  System is impossibly slow.  

What’s not to like?

TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Logos are too small."

Logos?  What logos?   I'm still seeing "TV" for everything.   I'm in Northern Va and the boxes are running 7.8.

Alas, we keep waiting.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TallGuyVA wrote:

"Logos are too small."

Logos?  What logos?   I'm still seeing "TV" for everything.   I'm in Northern Va and the boxes are running 7.8.

Alas, we keep waiting.

Try powercycling the boxes and see if the logos appear.

TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2
TallGuyVA wrote:

"Logos are too small."

Alas, we keep waiting.

I've done that more times than I can count -- including just now.  Still no change on the logos.   Or on the slow response time.

We looked into upgrading to FIOS One since the rep said that swapping out for the newer ("upgraded") F1 boxes is free.   Well the box swap may be "free", but it would also include (er,... require) a plan upgrade to keep the same channel line up.  That's about $75/month more.  no thank you!.

Re: joev62@me.com
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TallGuyVA wrote:
TallGuyVA wrote:

"Logos are too small."

Alas, we keep waiting.

I've done that more times than I can count -- including just now.  Still no change on the logos.   Or on the slow response time.

We looked into upgrading to FIOS One since the rep said that swapping out for the newer ("upgraded") F1 boxes is free.   Well the box swap may be "free", but it would also include (er,... require) a plan upgrade to keep the same channel line up.  That's about $75/month more.  no thank you!.

I assume you have the 1100 boxes? Like to know to tell tech your issue.

TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume you have the 1100 boxes? Like to know to tell tech your issue.

Yes they are.

0 Likes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the other person in Northern Virginia with APR 7.8, are you on a FIOS One box or another model? I'm in northern Virginia, running APR 7.8 on an Arris box model VMS4100 and I see the logos in the Channel Guide, and I don't have the delay issues.

0 Likes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry - I responded before reading the later posts. Sounds like you have a different box than the Arris VMS 4100 that I have.

0 Likes