Terrible response lag using remote
Anderson7
Contributor - Level 1

The recent updates to FiOS and my Sony TV Bravo have made things terrible.

Sometimes the FiOS menus do not respond to clickd on the remote. Then, suddenly the software catches up and the previous 2-3 clicks sudden take effect and the menu overshoots.

Remote batteries were changed.

Happens on 3 different TV's and remotes. So it's a FiOS software problem. 

Any suggestions?

I wish I could remove the FiOS updates!

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you know how nice it would be during March Madness to have the sports channels color coded?  Oh, wait . . . You don’t care.  Forgot.  

Re: Terrible response lag using remote
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is another update on the way that will hopefully fix that.

Re: Terrible response lag using remote
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

We’re up to 4 updates to fix something that wasn’t broken.  It’s all a scam to get us to upgrade. Why not just make a better product instead of destroying the current one?  Because that would make sense.  

achad72
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler
Absolutely terrible

This update had a horrible interface, the lag is huge.  It can take 10 seconds for the guid to just open,  the "last" feature is so slow that the show may be over before it loads.  The whole thing is just awful.  I am on the phone with tech support now, they have no solution.  I spend over $1000 /month between Fios, cell, my companies wifi, hot spots etc.   Time to look into other providers

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apr7.9 is being rolled out and some of the graphics are supposedly scaled back to speed up the interface a bit. Shouldn't be bad on a 4100, but still slow if you are using an 1100.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

I'll agree to that as there has been so much to complain about since last September. The over 1000 messages to this thread went largely ignored and has mostly died down to a whimper.   

Nothing has changed since September. The guide (no more capitalizing the G) from pushing the button on the remote until screen response is slower than before. Of course, still no color defining of channels.  The PIP is static and no longer shows what is playing on the channel behind the guide.

I'd  like to offer hope for improvement but if I could, I'd drop the TV except my old folks home doesn't allow antennas. Who knows maybe it won't  get worse.

Good luck.

talby1027
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is it supposed to roll out?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@talby1027 wrote:

When is it supposed to roll out?

It is happening as we speak. Been rolling out by geographic area for about a week now.

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been such a big hit no one even noticed.😄  🙄