Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Southern2356 wrote:

It's been such a big hit no one even noticed.😄  🙄

Not a major update, mostly bug fixes and SOME performance changes.

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like I said...no one noticed.

Pausing, Skips take 5 full seconds after button push.
Flyerguy90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can we get some optimization for this new system please.

It's been 9 months.

Re: Pausing, Skips take 5 full seconds after button push.
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL!  Still holding my breath.  My contract is up in a month.  Lo and behold we'll sign you up for the same plan $20 cheaper...until it's all in my checkout and ends up being $20 more than I pay now.  SO the $149 plan will actually cost $208, where as my $169 plan currently cost $183.  And for this cost I get an agonizingly slow guide, control, and response.

Thanks but no thanks.  If Verizon wants to keep me as a cable customer $149 means $149.  Even getting rid of 2 cable boxes I no longer need makes it break even at my current cost and I still have to deal with the super slow interface.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be some help with the next update.

3rdscreennamE

Verizon has made many changes. Not one of them benefit the customer. Who comes up with these ridiculous changes.  Right now a new issue. For the past 4 days this upgrade promotion consumes your whole screen. You can not even scroll down to see what they are trying to upgrade. You can not even turn your tv off this is crazy. The only way to get my tv back is reboot and wait. I've talked to 3 agents. First one lied and told me everything is ok. The second one had no clue what I was talking about and wasted a lot of time. The third one seemed like he know what he was talking about. He sent me to settings and I removed promotions. It worked for me 1 day. What is going on?. This only happens to my brand new smart tv. Makes you Wonder what they are trying to get you to upgrade.

0 Likes
talby1027
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is the next update coming out?

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bye bye cable box. Cut the cord and dropped off my equipment Saturday. The only thing I am missing about you right now is your clock.

I don't miss your slow, unusable guide at all.

dingbat1

I was sold a new package when I called Verizon to update my router.  I unwittingly agreed, but was not aware that they were also replacing my two single dvrs, and that the guide had been changed.  I was only wanting my ONT to be installed properly because they couldn't come into the house during the whole COVID earlier this winter, as we were having pixeling problems.

So I decided to upgrade the router too (which works well) and they changed the DVR boxes to one of those ones you have to "share".   Anyway, I hate the way it functions, and I hate the new guide with a passion as I can't read it as they try to squeeze a lot of channels onto the screen, and it's all too small.  The whole DVR system works poorly, and very sluggish in performance.

I  am also thinking of dropping them if they don't bring back the old guide and make their DVR experience more like it use to be which was just fine with me, I didn't need anything "new". 

Their internet service is great, but I am not happy with their "new" DVR service...I have been a Verizon Cable customer for 30 years, and it always was very good.  Now it's not, at lease their cable is not.   

0 Likes
Re: Solved to float for increased visibility on updates!
yellowbeard

Bring color coding back!

0 Likes