Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
FiosUsergarylie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't even read the channel names on the left for most channels , it is way to small.  Did you only review the guide with people under 30. This is descriminatory for anyone who as reached middle age and doesn't have the site of a 20 something.  

Also, if i want to see what's on at 10 minutes  before the program ends, the name to the far left has shrunk so far in size that with the picture next to it (which is also to small to read) is just a few letter so i can't tell what it is.

You must go back to two guides as you had before so different options are available to people.  I'll give it a month and see if you do anything.  Then I'm going to switch providers since i can't read your guide. 

jimkofmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Totally terrible!!  Wasn’t created by users like me or  they wouldn’t have screwed it up so bad!  Hate it. 

Foxxy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

It’s awful 

Pjboston
Enthusiast - Level 1

A thousand times over - YES!!! This update was a horrible, inexcusable step back to 1984. Actually no - things were faster then. 

JFM18517
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same complaints that everyone one has voiced here.  Verizon needs to do something about this mess.  I can't imagine that a large number of actual customers were involved in any kind of beta testing for this terrible product.  Everything that was of any practical use has been removed.  The PIP when the guide is being used and the Chaptering during DVR programs.  What was the point of removing functionality?  I can see enhancing or adding new features but why remove things that work well.  There used to be more than one style of guide now all we have his this ugly grid that covers the entire screen.  The supposed video behind the grid is useless, bring back the PIP

Fios19473
Enthusiast - Level 1

About 10 comments per page 0ver 45 pages so 500 complaints 

verizon take note or loose customers but Verizon does not care about customers.

they ruined yahoo groups , ruined Tumblr  , and are no ruining TV.

i don't think they realize how many people don't want to be streaming or using on demand they just want to watch the TV as a distraction to get they our dull lives.

its reality for us don't make it hard. Please 

MHH2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dislike this new guide. The old version example if it was 4:58 and their was another program on another channel to watch it would give you the option to tune to that channel. The new.version takes through a screen that looks like you are watching a program on demand. The old guide you would be able to.open and see the date not just today but the date. If someone has dementia or Alzheimer's that may be one way of some normalcy as far as the day of the week. I was never asked my opinion on this new guide. I think this is a bunch of crap. Now I'm stuck with a new.guide that's so dark and they even removed the small box in the left corner where you would still be.able to see your current program not a still picture of it. All this money we pay for a.service that seems to be with no option to remain with the version we were happy with

Program Playing Behind the Guide!!!
prisaz
Legend

This new STB guide IS THE WORST!

Who approved this should be fired. I thought if I moved I would miss FIOS. Now I’m in a place where Verizon FIOS is in OUR LEASE! 
Will not sign another lease!

Re: Program Playing Behind the Guide!!!
prisaz
Legend

Don’t tell me to turn it off. I want the current program in the box like it was and not behind crap!!!!

0 Likes
heidivandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This drives us all crazy. The menu is now much harder to read without the color coding.