Set Top Box
akasjl
Enthusiast - Level 3
Justg a quick question for the Verizon tech staff that monitor the forum. Is there any plan to make the STBs smaller?  I ask only b/c the box will not fit in my media cabinet.  If not, this is somthing to consider.  Comcast offered their boxes in at least 2 different sizes in my area. TIA.
0 Likes
Re: Set Top Box
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Not a Verizon tech, but there is a smaller option called the DCT-700 (Comcast also uses these) or digital adaptor.   However, this box does not support guide, VOD, widgets or anything that is IP based.  I think they are still charging $3.99 / month for it.
0 Likes
akasjl
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks for the reply, but I already have the digital adaptor on one of my sets.  I did mean a smaller version of the regular or HD STB so one can still access the guide, etc.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@akasjl wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but I already have the digital adaptor on one of my sets.  I did mean a smaller version of the regular or HD STB so one can still access the guide, etc.

Unfortunately the only STBs, at least at his time, that support MoCA (needed for guide, VOD, widgets, etc.) are the large QIP series.  Comcast uses the DCT-700 with guide and VOD but with a different back communication path than Verizon.

0 Likes