Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
RMM6

I'm having a similar problem which began Fri 12/1/17.  When the TV is off, the DVR reboots and will NOT reset until the TV is turned on.  A weird series of lines appear on the DVR screen.  The DVR will do this continually until the TV is turned on.  And once the TV is on, the box will finish resetting and we can watch TV as normal.  It only rebooted a couple of times WHILE we were watching TV.  As soon as we turn off the TV, the box reboots continously until the TV is turned on.  The box is the Media Server Box in the house so if it's rebooting we can't watch FIOS on any other TV.  

The only way we can watch Fios on other TV's is to keep the TV on which is connected to the DVR/Media Server.  This TV has to be on at all times.  The DVR/Media box will "sleep" after 4 hours but as long as the TV is on, we don't have any issues.  AS SOON as I turn off the TV, the DVR goes spastic.

- Never had this issue before 12/1/17 so something happened on Verizon's end. 

- Went through self diagnosis issues

- Did manual reset/reboot

It's annoying having to keep my 65" TV on 24/7 to avoid the 5-10 minutes it takes to reboot to watch TV AND have ability to watch FIOS on other TV's.  

Haven't called Verizon since based on the thread and search done on-line, Verizon is unlikely to have a solution and I don't want to waste hours to get right back to here...annoyed.

0 Likes
No signal from FIOS DVR Box to Sony 4k TV
richbrown

I have a FIOS Quantum DVR box connected via HDMI to a Sony 4k UHD TV (Model XBR75X850D).  If the TV is turned off and left off for about an hour or so, when I turn the TV back on it does not have a signal from the FIOS box.  If I reboot the FIOS box, the signal returns.  FIOS has replaced the box 2 times, and has also replaced the outside box and splitters within my house, but the problem persists. This started about 2-3 week ago.  Sony has alternately told me that it's a TV software problem, a TV hardware problem, and most recently that it's a problem with the FIOS box since other devices connected via HDMI to the TV don't exhibit the problem.  I have also switched HDMI cables and ports on the TV.  Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any suggestions for me?  

0 Likes
Re: No signal from FIOS DVR Box to Sony 4k TV
Michael083

Yes having same issue after upgrading to 4K TV. Have to reboot every am

0 Likes
richbrown

Is your TV a Sony or a different brand?

0 Likes
Pdkjr20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just my opinion but I really dont think this is related to the TV as it has happened to folks with many different TV's.  Also, technical support told me there is a known HDMI bug with the VMS1100

0 Likes
Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
RMM6

Update 12/7/17:    

My issue with the DVR rebooting continuously when I turn off the TV has mysteriously fixed itself after a week.  Didn't do anything on my end.  I turned off my TV believing I would have to deal with rebooting issues when I returned, left to run errands, and upon my return everything has returned to normal.  No rebooting anymore everytime I turn the TV off.   Not sure what was done to fix it but so thankful!  BTW, my TV is a Vizio.  Hope my issue doesn't return.  Good luck to everyone else experiencing this issue.  I hope it resolves itself as it did for me.  

0 Likes
Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
tburke501

I've been having the same problem for a couple of months, since I ordered an IPC1100 client for a seperate HDTV. I have a HDTV (Sony XBR75X940D) connected to the VMS1100 Media Server since June with no issues. The VMS1100 is set to never power off. VMS1100 HDMI out to HDTV and never a problem with the *No Input* message appearing on HDTV when turned on. Always a picture. I don't think this is related, but I added a client box in October(IPC1100) and all works well. It was in October that I started experiencing the *no signal* from the VMS1100 connected box, every single morning. It required me to unplug the VMS1100 and reboot, then the picture would display and HDMI signal intact. But every morning or after a long period of time, no signal when turning on the HDTV connected to the VMS1100 that was already powered on.

What I tried, reported issue to VZ:

- VZ told me to never power the VMS1100 off. I already had that setting enabled to never shut down.

- VZ then sent me a new VMS1100. Swapped in the new one and same thing, the new VMS1100 could not connect to HDTV via HDMI each morning. No Imput message on the Sony. Reboot the VMS1100 and all ok, until HDTV off for an extended period of time.

- AS I mentioned, all this was working until late October.

- I tried different HDMI cables for VMS1100 out to the Sony HDTV, I tried different HDMI IN ports on the Sony HDTV, all to no avail. Alwasy got the *No Input* message in the morning when Sony HDTV turned on.

- The as a test, I swapped the Client box (small IPC1100) with the Server (VMS1100), and connect the client to the Sony HDTV. I got the same result on the client box this morning, *No Input*. Frustrated now.

- If this is a VX software / firmware change in the past month or so causing the HDMI to loose it's handshare with the Sont HDTV, then they must have the same version of software on both the client and server boxes, I will have to check this out. Does anyone know when the latest update was downloaded to the VMS1100 / IPC1100 devices.

0 Or, since problem on both the client and server boxes, then I think I really need to look into the HDMI issues with Sony, or continue to try differnt HDMI cables.

This is really a strange issue, because so many folks are experiencing the exact same issue with HDMI *No Input* message on the screen after a perios of inactivity with the VMS1100.

If there is a solution, please post and I will do the same

ll try swapping out the HDMI for the cables.

0 Likes
MissingTVVA

The only work around I have found to work since I don't want to pay to run component cables to the TV is to run the HDMI through my AV receiver and output from AV receiver to my TV. It has worked overnight and after returning home from work. I normally just run direct from the VMS to the TV as sometimes I don't want the surround sound but I grew tired of rebooting the VMS.   Sony tried a forced factory reset which is different than the normal factory reset of the TV but that did not work either.

0 Likes
MissingTVVA

I posted a reply to another person but I ran my HDMI through my AV receiver and then to the TV and it has been working the last day or so. 

0 Likes
MissingTVVA

Your post helped me as I did not run component in wall to TV but did try running the HDMI through my AV receiver and then to TV and it has been working the last 1.5 days and counting. I normally do not use my receiver for fios but it was my last attempt.

0 Likes