Slow / Unresponsive remote
npthree
Enthusiast - Level 1

My remotes for both of my STB's is slow. sometimes you have to press the buttons two or three times to get it to work. It takes so long, sometimes you have to try the channel three or four times before you finally can get to it. As an example, trying to get to channel 504, you finally get 5-0 pushed and it goes to 50 before you can get the 4 entered...even though you've pushed the 4 5 or 6 times.

Things I've already tried.

1. I've changed the batteries and the brand of batteries three times.

2. I've reset both set top boxes by unplugging and plugging back in after waiting for 2 minutes.

3. reprogrammed both remotes

4. I've moved the STB's around in case something was interferring with the signal.

Also, it should be mentioned, the remote is able to control my DVD player and my TV just fine. It only has an issue with the STB's.

Since this is happenig with BOTH STB's I'm thinking there is something else going on. It is very annoying. I have the RC  1445302 Remote and the Motoroal QIP 72161 HD DVR in one room and the QIP 7100 1 HD STB in the other room.

Re: Slow / Unresponsive remote
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I had the same problem with my QIP 7216 HD DVR.  When I pressed the remote, the green light on the STB wouldn't light up signaling that it is getting the signal from the remote often.  I called tech support and was advised that the IR sensor in this box is set **bleep**her back than some other boxes.  He said that since I have a plasma TV that it causes the signal to bounce back a little more rather than hitting the sensor in the box each time.  The test for me was to turn off my TV, then see if the green light on the box lit up each time I hit the remote control buttons.  It worked consistently with the TV off.  He said it was pretty common with plasmas and this STB and they are sending me a free IR extender to plug into the STB.  Haven't received it just yet to test.  If you have a plasma TV, you may want to try to see if the STB responds with the TV off.  If you do not have a plasma, then I don't know if this would be the right solution.  By the way, I never had this issue with the old SD STB, but the tech support guy said that the IR sensor wasn't set back like it was in the 7216.  I can't speak to the 7100.  Good luck.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know why I got the **bleep**, but that should be far ther back.  I guess it thinks I said something else.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BrianC. That is an unfortuante result of an over-eager profanity filter that presumes you wanted to say a naughty word that is in the first four letters.

0 Likes
That_Guy_70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem all the time, the easiest way I know how to describe it is LAG.  I have never had a remote that lagged when using it, but somehow both of mine do.  It is even worse when using it with the On Demand feature.

0 Likes
ortiz34
Enthusiast - Level 3

+1 on the the lag issue here

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I've also had lag issues where I press a button on the remote, see the green light on the STB go on, but the screen doesn't do anything for a moment.  I've also had issues just recently where the green light on the STB doesn't even go on meaning that it didn't receive the signal from a remote.  I believe an IR extender may help with that.  I don't know of any fixes for the lag issue, however.  It seems to lag more often for me when I first turn on the STB and press the guide.

0 Likes
Rebalol
Contributor - Level 1

Add me to the lag issue.  It's so frustrating. I've learned to wait for a response (especially in VOD as someone else mentioned)

0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

add me to the list of laggards..... so frustrating.... plus, my TV is LCD.

also, I did not know that "f art" was such a "naughty" word...... too funny....

0 Likes
npthree
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, So I called Tech support to request a new DVR since mine has these problems....tey had no idea what I was talking about. They took me through every step I already tried and of course it didn't solve anything. I'll deal with it for the next 8 months until my contract runs out then just cancel.

0 Likes