Re: Slow remotes for Quantum TV
mjf850

I've had the same problem since I had Quantum installed.  I called complaining and told them that they should give me something for my aggravation, so I got a credit on my account, and since it is still not fixed they will be giving me another credit or Comcast here I come.

0 Likes
rataylor

Update: Unfortunately, after less than a week, the DVR remote service is slowing back down more each day. Bummer, I really hoped they had it finally fixed! 

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

This seems to be the pattern.  Most noticable in the delay between the time you hit play and the time a recorded show actually shows up out of the black screen.  A hard reboot via unplugging the box seemed to work for me.  Lasts a few weeks before you start noticing the lag again.  This might lead one to believe there is a memory leak problem that builds up over time and needs to be flushed out every so often.  Bad programming whatever the case.  Robot LOL

0 Likes
mdcordu2

I have had the same problem since I upgraded to Quantum TV, even with all the updates and trying to reboot there is still a long pause with every command of the remote. I have had lag times as long as 30 to 40 seconds while the DVR locks up and tries to keep up with the commands from the remote. I am thinking of changing DVR's if the problem doesn't stop to see if this might help.

0 Likes
westwindsor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been 6-days since my Quantum install and the problems are similar, with a "jumpy" remote, either too fast or slow when looking at the dvr menus, and most importantly, a 8-10 sec black screen delay when pressing play on a recrded show...

Its only on the VMS1100, the small client boxes take 1-2 sec and the show is seen!

Seems to me a memeory build, and for now, will consider unplugging and rebootong or perhaps moving the VMS1100 to a lesser used location, if its not a diffiult switch from one room to another???

0 Likes