Sound drops
jimkofmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

I completely redid my cables, eliminating any connections and ran full length cables to each tv and internet modem.  Still having drops, I disconnected everything and connected the incoming fios cable to a new rg6 cable to my dvr and a new hdmi cable to my tv, still getting drops.  This happens to all 3 tv's connected to 3 different stb's. Std, HD, HDDVR.  Yet verizon still says it's not on their end.  Is the cable from their outside box to the inside splitter theirs or mine?  It's the only thing I haven't replaced.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sound drops
jimkofmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 3 months of sound drops and having replaced every cable connection and splitter on my end of the cable box I finally got Verizon to come out.  The serviceman had no idea what could be wrong but decided to replace the fios box mounted on my garage wall and TADA it fixed the problem.

He said there is a computer chip in the box and evidently it was going bad... also since my cables are overhead on telephone poles, he said sometimes a squirrel will chew thru the connection box allowing water to get in and cause problems but that usually included picture problems.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yours.  Even if they installed.  They are fully responsible up to the ont plus the wiring for the Battery backup.  The rest they will only take responsibility for right after an install, assuming they installed it. 

0 Likes
jimkofmd
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 3 months of sound drops and having replaced every cable connection and splitter on my end of the cable box I finally got Verizon to come out.  The serviceman had no idea what could be wrong but decided to replace the fios box mounted on my garage wall and TADA it fixed the problem.

He said there is a computer chip in the box and evidently it was going bad... also since my cables are overhead on telephone poles, he said sometimes a squirrel will chew thru the connection box allowing water to get in and cause problems but that usually included picture problems.