Soundbar's that will work with P265 Phillips Remotes?
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

My parents are "hard of hearing" and modern TV's all have speakers in the back they can't hear.  I want to get a couple small soundbars, but they MUST be reliably (for volume) by the Fios Phillips P265 remotes.  Are there a manufacturer of soundbar I should stick with, which have a good rep for being compatible?  I myself have an old BOSE and it's not controllable at all.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Soundbar's that will work with P265 Phillips Remotes?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Greg2600 wrote:

My parents are "hard of hearing" and modern TV's all have speakers in the back they can't hear.  I want to get a couple small soundbars, but they MUST be reliably (for volume) by the Fios Phillips P265 remotes.  Are there a manufacturer of soundbar I should stick with, which have a good rep for being compatible?  I myself have an old BOSE and it's not controllable at all.  Thanks.

The Philips remote were for the older series boxes. Don't know how long Verizon is going to keep them around, so I would look for one that is compatible with both the old remotes and the new ones. Stay away from both Bose and Vizio as they seem to have issues with the Verizon remotes.

Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Well they have the VMS1100 et al. , and cannot see an upgrade in the near future.  So I expect the Phillips will be in use for quite some time.  I've been looking at the Samsung or Insignia stuff.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First make sure anything you buy can be returned. Then before you buy check to see if codes exist for the 265 remote for what you are looking at:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control/audio-receiver-remote-codes

Look for remote codes.

0 Likes