Splitting Fios signal and using a repeater
njseeker

I have FIOS and just purchased a flat screen for my office, which I want to hang on the wall.  Issue - Set Box  and where to place it.  I understand I can move the box to a another space and use a repeater to transmit the signal from the box to the TV.  I want to place the box on a shelf under my desk about 5 ft from the tv and out of the way.  Questions:

1.  Rather than run a new FIOS cable to where I want the Box under the desk, can I simply "split" the FIOS sifnal coming in for my internet and run a cable to the box?

2.  Any experience in using the Radio Shack repeaters?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Splitting Fios signal and using a repeater
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

1. Yes that's fine. Just make sure you use a bidirectional splitter, at least 1-1000GHz rating. Keep in mind this could cause some RF attenuation.

2. No, sorry Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Splitting Fios signal and using a repeater
prisaz
Legend

@njseeker wrote:

I have FIOS and just purchased a flat screen for my office, which I want to hang on the wall.  Issue - Set Box  and where to place it.  I understand I can move the box to a another space and use a repeater to transmit the signal from the box to the TV.  I want to place the box on a shelf under my desk about 5 ft from the tv and out of the way.  Questions:

1.  Rather than run a new FIOS cable to where I want the Box under the desk, can I simply "split" the FIOS sifnal coming in for my internet and run a cable to the box?

2.  Any experience in using the Radio Shack repeaters?

Thanks

1. Should work fine. Radio Shack bidirectional splitters work fine here.

2. I could not recommend any type of repeater or amplfier on the coax, because it would not be bidirectional and support the IP frequencies of the STB. Assuming you mean on the COAX.