Re: TV Says No Signal
MWOO1

I am having the exact same issue with a recently purchased HISENSE TV. Funny thing is it worked fine for a few months and then wireless box quit working on it yet works fine on other LG TV

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are both TVs 4K? Did you try the working HDMI cable and box on the non-working TV? Is there a 4K setting on the input menu on the TV? Have you tried a working TV in the same location as the non-working tv, or the other way around?

@MWOO wrote:

I am having the exact same issue with a recently purchased HISENSE TV. Funny thing is it worked fine for a few months and then wireless box quit working on it yet works fine on other LG TV

felicityt4
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue to resolve the problem is go to tv menus. Then go to input setting.  Click on hdmi port mini is connected . Click down to  Full UHD color and turn it on. That will recognize the verizon mini box 

Edm1

My Vizio is two years old. I can not play Netflix and YouTube through the TV no problem. I can stream Netflix and YouTube to the TV and also to Chromecast plugged into the AVR with no signal issue. I think it’s on the Verizon side. 

0 Likes
Edm1

I meant I can play Netflix and YouTube no problem 

0 Likes
Zad

Hi

i just bought a new Samsung series 8 UHTV and have a similar issue. Everything works find with my old Samsung but with the new one, only works using the mini box using WiFi. If I use either the main set top box or mini box using the coaxial cable, the tv will not be able to find source. of course Fios blames Samsung and Samsung blaming Fios. 
Any advice?

0 Likes
Didjit011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue with a cheap SuperSonic TV.  The two wouldn't connect unless I rebooted the mini.  But if I turned the TV off and back on I'd have to reboot the mini again.

The solution for me was to change the mini's output from 1080p to 1080i.

That's it!  Hope it helps someone out there.

ADoug129

I’ve called vizio and had a Verizon tech come months ago.  Vizio says that something with Verizon’s boxes are not compatible with their TVs. Verizon tech couldn’t figure it out after being here 2 hours. He was stumped. Said he’s never seen a problem like this.   I had to switch to a main box on one of my vizio TVs but now the Verizon remote won’t work for volume or power no matter how many times I program it. My other vizio tv, flashes about 30 times before it plays trying to figure out what audio to use with Fios configuration. It’s the worst ever. 

0 Likes
mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is my *exact* issue too with a 2018 Vizio E50. Occasionally will connect to the Mini but not the main box. TV is 4K Ultra HD and set up properly. When the signal is made the picture is amazing. Then it stops working. Same deal both boxes work with another TV. Ironically a 2013 Toshiba.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mvc wrote:

This is my *exact* issue too with a 2018 Vizio E50. Occasionally will connect to the Mini but not the main box. TV is 4K Ultra HD and set up properly. When the signal is made the picture is amazing. Then it stops working. Same deal both boxes work with another TV. Ironically a 2013 Toshiba.

Try going into the setup menu on the Vizio TV and on the HDMI input you have the Fios box hooked to (should be HDMI1),menu -> Input settings -> hdmi 1 or 2 -> Full UHD Color -> On.