TV guide stopped working with MOCA bridge setup
ftp19601960

I have a setup with non-FIOS main router and MI424WR-I set into a local bridge mode. I did not have problems for quite a while. A few weeks ago though TV guide on my 7100 STB stopped working. The tv box shows IP address in its system info and I can ping it from my local PC. Putting the Actiontec back as a main router works which verifies both Actiontec and Motorola hardware are OK. Did anyone experience the same problem? Any remedy? 

0 Likes
Re: TV guide stopped working with MOCA bridge setup
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified that you have the correct ports open in your main router?

Always possible that Verizon changed port for guide.

0 Likes
ftp19601960

I did not have any special ports before. I tried to set port forwarding whatever the Actiontec auto created but it did not help (and those ports seem to be for DVR, tech support, etc). Wireshark does not show any activity originating from STB's IP except two small UDP broadcsts to 61xxx port.
Before this blackout I was able to use FIOS app to control STB and now it's off. The error comes without any external requests to main router. Probably STB polls Verizon. 

0 Likes
ftp19601960

Switching the Actiontec into WAN-LAN (double NAT) did solve the problem with TV guide but I'm still not able to control the STB via FIOS app. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

App will only work as remote if it is one same subnet as stb. So if you are running double nat, stbs are probably on different subnet than mobile device.

0 Likes