TV streaming to iPad and Android
user543211
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is Verizon going to offer the ability to watch TV channels at home on the ipad or Android? Remotely would be even better but let’s take one step at a time. Other providers have been offering this service for some time now.  Maybe it’s time to explore alternatives from the true innovators. 

Please do not state we already have FlexView as the solution, it’s not what we want

Come on everyone voice you option

Re: TV streaming to iPad and Android
Saladboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've frankly given up waiting for this.  I fear that when they finally roll it out they'll be several steps behind others who have already done that and FIOS will be playing catchup which is what they've been doing for a while now.  I just bought a slingbox pro hd.  That will give me full access to my set top box (including recorded shows) throughout my home (including outside), on vacation and everywhere else I have an internet connection.  Yes the set up will be pricey (cost of slingbox and ipad app) but I'll get full functionality.  Not the answer you want to hear I'm sure. 

0 Likes
shep29

I am also waiting anxiously for Fios to release an app for iPad and iPhone so that i an watch my Fios TV from those devices while at home! My daughter wants a TV in her room but I'd rather just give her an app for her iPad!

0 Likes
pondfish

During traditional evening TV time, our family is in front of their iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches.  (And no one's texting or on Facebook!)  There's too much interactivity to put those devices down.  The TV doesn't even go on during many nights.  If Verizon doesn't bring streaming to mobile devices, I believe that their TV service will start to go the way of AM radio.

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

I have been asking @fiostv this on twitter since the Fall and keep getting told he has the app on his ipad or it's in final testing (months ago).   Verizon first demo'd an app to do this in August of 2010!   You can see an article on it at http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20014053-266.html.   

Here we are 20 months later and still don't have this feature while so many competitors do.    I don't know what the holdup is, but can't fathom why Verizon can't at least make an announcement to its customers about when we can expect this.    I don't even care if we can watch it from remote locations, would be thrilled just to be able to watch it within my home.   I have a Vulkano Flow and that works OK, but it isn't near the quality of the ESPN, Fox, TNT, ABC, etc. streaming apps that are out there which I would think Verizon could be like.   Also, I was told that we wouldn't be able to watch all of the channels one subscribes to, just select ones. 

0 Likes
hockeyusa81
Enthusiast - Level 2
I think they should frankly be embarrassed by their poor response on this. I work in customer service and I understand some things aren't able to be told to the public. But no response is a response...and it sends the message, whether you want it to or not, that you don't care about your customers' desires and feedback. Even just saying something simple like "it should be made available during xxxxx quarter" gives customers a reason to stick around. Right now, there is none when your competitors are giving services - and answers - you simply aren't. And for those executives that feel this lack of response is okay, you very much need to rethink your bottom line and your priorities.

I really like Fios and can't give them enough kudos for the services they have. But their PR, customer service and communications of what's coming is severely poor to put it mildly. That and their inability to think outside the box, or I should say set top box, is truly concerning.

I gave up waiting for them to make the app happen and invested in a Slingbox Pro HD. While it was expensive, it gave me what Verizon has not been able to yet. The app may be great when it happens...but I question any executives that find it okay to continuously give no response to the constant inquiries about this. No answer is an answer and it's far from being the one you want it to be.
0 Likes
mclagett

It's so frustratng to keep seeing other providers pop up in my rss feeds with their new ipad streaming and FIOS still doesn't have it.  Even the worst providers have it.

0 Likes
Sgrchild

I agree, I have a bunch of recorded shows that I would love to watch in my ipad during my lunch hour, but can't becaue Verizon is so backward, they still are not allowing us toe watch our recorded shows from our mobile devices

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Sgrchild wrote:

I agree, I have a bunch of recorded shows that I would love to watch in my ipad during my lunch hour, but can't becaue Verizon is so backward, they still are not allowing us toe watch our recorded shows from our mobile devices

Hello,

Just a few things:

This particular forum thread from April 2012 pertains to the topic of being able to watch TV channels on the iPad.

Verizon launched live streaming on the iPad in November 2012 with 75 channels available for viewing:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Introducing-the-FiOS-Mobile-App-for-iPad-FiOS-TV-Wherev...

____

On the other hand, the watching of recorded programs on the iPad, or any mobile device or PC for that matter has been recommended in the past in these threads:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/We-should-be-able-to-watch-our-recorded-D...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Three-things-for-a-better-Fios-expierence...

___

Suggestions for any Verizon service/product/offering on the internet, telephone or TV can be made in the 'Idea Exchange' section of the Verizon Community Forums where it'll be noticed more by other Verizon community members as well as Verizon employees who can bring up individual ideas to the appropriate teams.

Also, forum members can vote on the posted idea for greater emphasis.

Please see:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange-FAQs/Idea-Exchange-FAQs/td-p/231267 for more details.

The direct link to the Idea Exchange section is found here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Master5

Well I might wait until the contract end to cancel my service If they don't come up with tablet streaming, I don't like iPads, & iPhone, I think it's a monopoly & I do not promote Apple products at All, so I will wait a bit or the cancellation it's coming. Sorry Verizon...

0 Likes