Re: Take One America News off Fios
arenateam

“”“I believe in free speech and diverse views,  however.”””” 

You need not say more! Hahahahahaha

Lets get real, all Cable News is straight garbage. No one can honestly say, unless you are a masochist, that you enjoy watching MSNBC, Fox, CNN, etc. Talking head actors paid big bucks to scream things  that they don’t even believe themselves. It’s all garbage, all lies both sides. People that watch those channels are sad humans wasting their life. 

0 Likes
Re: Take One America News off Fios
JoseHombros
Enthusiast - Level 1

OAN needs to go or at least it should not be bunched in with News channels because it’s not news at all .. it’s all conspiracy theory and it needs to lose any association with the word news. 
Actually, Fox News is pretty much the same nonsense with a large audience so they need to go too, but that’s more complicated problem. 

“Just change the channel” isn’t the answer!
NMT1970MC
Enthusiast - Level 1

“Just change the channel” isn’t the answer to the big problem of wanting to drop fox news, oan, newsmax tv, & fox business! Our funds are going to these undesirable channels that give absolutely NOTHING to viewers, like myself, that do not subscribe to LIES & the REAL fake news being spread throughout those channels listed above on a daily basis!

I want more than some generic answer  of “just change the channel”! As a long time customer of Verizon, I believe it’s time for Verizon to respond to this growing topic, that will not go away!!! Please respond, Verizon! You owe your customers that much, at least!

Re: “Just change the channel” isn’t the answer!
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NMT1970MC wrote:

“Just change the channel” isn’t the answer to the big problem of wanting to drop fox news, oan, newsmax tv, & fox business! Our funds are going to these undesirable channels that give absolutely NOTHING to viewers, like myself, that do not subscribe to LIES & the REAL fake news being spread throughout those channels listed above on a daily basis!

I want more than some generic answer  of “just change the channel”! As a long time customer of Verizon, I believe it’s time for Verizon to respond to this growing topic, that will not go away!!! Please respond, Verizon! You owe your customers that much, at least!

As much as people might agree with you, that becomes a slippery slope of censorship that is basically unconstitutional at worst, and unprofitable at best. There are many channels people don't want, but have to take in their packages, one of the reasons so many turned to streaming instead of cable TV. Fios has a mix-and match option but it doesn't get to the kind of granularity you are looking for, so as the man said, just DON'T watch what you don't like. They will get the message at some point when the ratings drop, and profitability with them.

Re: “Just change the channel” isn’t the answer!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is possible that OAN pays Verizon to carry their channel.

What would you say if someone that likes OAN says Verizon should drop news you may like?

Business drives what channels we have available.

If there aren't enough viewers to justify the price, channels go away.

Re: Why does Verizon Carry Fake Media Channels
Jross4

Agreed. I don't want to pay for the OAN/Newmax conspiracies and propaganda.  Fine if you keep them in the lineup for the cultists who enjoy watching them, but I shouldn't have to subsidize it.

0 Likes
De-list OAN, Newsmax and RT
Rob11372
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to follow the lead of DirectTV and delist OAN, Newsmax and RT  These platforms are propagandist bullhorns spewing falsehoods and false equivalency, and spreading deadly disinformation about vaccines which is leading directly to increased social cost of the pandemic, and needless deaths.   

Re: Remove NewsMax and OANN now!
Paul_T
Enthusiast - Level 1

Except that doesn't work, we still pay for OANN as part of our cable bundle and they receive money from Verizon in the form of a carriage fee per cable subscriber. We object to this and don't wish our money to go to OANN period and just changing the channel is NOT an option. 

In short we should have the option to remove this channel and other channels from our cable package which is something everyone has been asking for decades. The only other option is to remove them outright from the network like DirecTV did or risk losing more people to streaming/piracy. 

Rainered
Enthusiast - Level 1

i dont want to subside msnbc can we remove that too? where do we draw the line.

Rainered
Enthusiast - Level 1

dont like it, dont watch it. i cant stand msnbc so i dont watch it. where do you draw the line? do we have thousands of people demanding various channels be removed because they dont like it? just dont watch it.