Re: Take One America News off Fios
Nukeman1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look at the inflation rate, the gas prices and the southern boarder. They are in the worst shape I have ever seen. The media , like Cnn and Msnbc were all over Trump for wanting to control the southern boarder and now things are 10x worst and no mention is made in our nightly reports. Channels like NewsMax and One America News are our only hope, if only people would listen. 

KB810
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oan Newsmax are the truth. CNN MSNBC fake news. They are WOKE!! I’ll cancel Fios and stream with someone else and watch the shows of my choice. So my answer is obv a big fat NO!

Re: JUST IN: One America News has been officially removed from DirecTV. Verizon Fios?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contracts with the content providers pretty much limit the ability to offer a la carte.

They say if you want this popular channel, you have to take one or more of these smaller channels.

Re: JUST IN: One America News has been officially removed from DirecTV. Verizon Fios?
garysb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no interest in One America , Newsmax, and Fox News. However I wouldn't want to block those interested from seeing them . I wish there were a way to keep my money from going to pay for them but that is not possible . I just block them on my TV and forget about them.

CarefreeSFO

Maybe its time to apply more financial pressure to Verizon.

I for one will never support them until they stop funding these FAKE news sites like OANN and NewsMax.

Thats an easy thing to do. Once Verizon HEARS our united voices they will wake up and smell the corporate coffee..

0 Likes
Can I stop paying for Newsmax and OAN Channels?
LuckyLucifer

I recently learned that Verizon pays Newsmax and OAN to have them on my FIOS service. Is there a way to drop them without having to leave FIOS TV Service entirely? 

We were slowly exploring alternatives to cable service but learned that Verizon's cable service pays these right wing propaganda channels. I'd prefer not helping them. Do I have any options within Verizon or is it all or none? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Remove NewsMax and OANN now!
SilveryFox
Enthusiast - Level 1

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. "

- George Orwell

We need to Keep NewsMax and OANN - it's one of the few conservative news reporting outlets still alive in this country.  The  "mainstream" media channels present the news through their liberal left wing political lens.  Those of us who have conservative views are labeled as "extremists" by the mainstream media which blots out and represses our voices and alternate view points.  It is for this reason that NewsMax and OANN need to remain and not be removed.

"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. "  -Albert Einstein

FIOS_Democrat

I would like to have a choice to remove OAN and NEWSMAX. There is no comparison to MSNBC and CNN. These channels spread lies, actual lies. Those lies led to an insurrection at the Capitol. Heal the country by getting rid of this propaganda material.

Also, this is a private company, so free speech does not apply.

0 Likes
WG12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and others need to be pushed back to the fringes. They do the work of foreign detractors. It is not free speech just incendiary speech. 

0 Likes
WG12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Free speech is an inalienable constitutional right.   Apple, Google and Verizon are not welcome to amend this ever!