Re: Weather Channel
VeryGrumpy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can Verizon get rid of the most important channel on the entire freakin TV.  

No live radar?  No Jim Cantore?  

Bring back the WeatherChannel.  

Re: The Weather Channel
pkhopkinson

My contract is up soon. I thnk its time to give my business to another provider. This just sucks. BAD MOVE VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

@popo7994 wrote:

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

@popo7994 wrote:

0 Likes
pkhopkinson

Im with you guys. Im jumping ship. I WANT MY WEATHER CHAMMEL BACK. My contract is up soon. I will be moving on.

0 Likes
VeryGrumpy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

you guys complete blew it.  Your service is full stupid channel that you waste money on that no one cares about, but you drop one of he most important ones in the entire line up.  

Bring Back WC

0 Likes
boof2

Verizon....seriously, bad move.  Not everyone is a 20-something glued to their smartphone.  I actually sometimes enjoy TWC's non-weather programming - Prospectors and Highway Thru Hell just to name two.  I was shocked at Accuweather when I turned on 619 looking for TWC...Accuweather looked like a high school weather station.  Y'all give me dozens, if not hundreds, of useless channels I never watch - think QVC, HSN, RecipeTV, GSN, Pivot, Pop, 1 America, YES, BTN, NHL, SEC...shall I go on?

Never thought I'd say this, but maybe it's time to switch back to Comcrap....ugh.

Get with it Verizon and restore TWC to the lineup!

0 Likes
bdegnan

Who was the **bleep** at Verizon who signed off on removing TWC.  Bring it back now!  You are making it so easy for me to move somewhere else at contract renewal time.  I used to love FIOS.  Now I am beginning to hate it.  This has to be a PR disaster.  VZ can turn it around if you listen to the overwhelming voice of your customers and bring TWC back NOW.

0 Likes
bring back the weather channel
pkhopkinson

I too want the Weather Channel back. Been a Verizon customer for many years. My contract is up in May. I will be leving.

BY BY VERIZON

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Not Happy about loss of Weather Channel
Mike1710
Enthusiast - Level 1

This sucks! I will be looking at replacing Verizon. It happens to all companies that get to big. Bye Bye Verizon.

0 Likes
Tornado Warning...Weather Channel
Bluehen15

I've actually been watching the Weather Channel and found out about a tornado warning for my daughter in another state (she hadn't heard) and sent her a text warning her.  Weather channel and traffic are the two things I watch first thing in the morning.  Whatever you guys have replaced it with (Accuweather?) is pretty lame.  How about brining back the Weather Channel since people actually watch it.  Really disappointed with your decision. 

0 Likes
Where's Jim Cantore?
Msprisco
How in the world do you take away one of the most important channels a cable provider can provide? Millions upon millions of people rely on weather information and weather forecasts for either work, school, sports, or vacations and it doesn't make much sense to take the biggest name in weather off your programming. Verizon you are foolish. You will lose a lot of subscribers over this and whoever came up with this decision, collectively or just one really incompetent person, should not have a job. The weather channel is to weather what espn is to sports. Would you take espn off your lineup? Didn't think so. I'm not even that big a fan of the weather channel, but when I do watch it it is exactly what I am looking for. Severe weather, especially now a days , is something that needs to be covered in real time. Not for nothing but your replacement for the weather channel looks like and comes in just as good as a local high school channel. Again, a really dumb decision verizon.
0 Likes