Re: The Weather channel
arizona4

I agree...bring it back! Why did they remove it? Is it now part of some other package for which you have to pay extra?

The National Weather Channel....has so much "stuff" on it, it could be an hour before you see local weather.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
katesavage2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want The Weather Channel back. 

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
katesavage2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please rethink this descision. The Weather Channel has quaility programming.

PPM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so angry that Verizon decided to drop the Weather Channel without consulting the people that are paying for it.  I am also angry that I keep getting emails to purchase/rent movies that they are pushing.  If I could drop Verizon today, I would.

0 Likes
PPM2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have a cell phone, so I relied on the Weather Channel every time a big storm was approaching (we had a lot of blizzards this winter.)

Weather channel
Kmahert5
Will def be switching providers if fios doesn't bring back TWC
0 Likes
Kmahert5
I will be switching providers as well
0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

I checked out the Accuweather channel last night. What a PoC. The audio wasn't even in sync.

FiOS has no problem taking extra money from me for some crappy local sports channels that I never watch. I wish they would give me the option to dump those local sports channels and put the money toward the Weather channel instead. At least then I could possibly get my moneys worth. I never watch any of the local sports channels but I did watch several shows on The Weather Channel. And the Accuweather channel is a crappy replacement for The Weather Channel. Which I will not be watching.

Even the crappy .TV channels are better than the Accuweather Channel. What a waste of space. Is The Accuweather Channel even using H.264 or is FiOS wasting more space using MPEG2 on the dog of a channel?

0 Likes
Dropping the Weather Channel
songwright
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very displeased with Verizon's decision to drop the Weather Channel.   Besides their view of the country's weather conditions, they had great "on the scene" reporting of big storms and human interest storm related events.

The Weather Channel also had some great feature shows: 
Alaska Coast Guard, Prospectors, etc...

One particular show I had just watched had to do with the NASA high-tech plane that was flying over Antarctica and measuring the effects of the global warming there.  The plane can measure the land mass and the amount of ice on top and thus the difference showing how much the ice is melting on top of the land mass, not just the ice cliffs that are falling into the ocean.  In Antactica, global warming and climate change are not just words that you can ignore, the effects are seen daily.

Where else can I see shows like that?  Certainly not on Fox News.  Why don't you drop Fox instead?  Thats not even real news.  The Weather Channel had real weather.  The Accu weather replacement you substituted in it's place looks like a rinky dink public access college station.  

What's the matter?  Your corporate profits aren't big enough, you had to drop a weather station that had some class?

Maybe it's because they mentioned global warming and your CEO is one of those folks that lives in fantasy land and thinks that climate change is not real.

Wake up and smell the seawater FIOS.

Re: Loss of Weather Channel
Vdolan
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree this was a great channel. Why no notification of your plans to eliminate
0 Likes